Help! 93 gtx what line is this??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opps, I may have misinterpretted what you meant by the 90 degree fittings on the end - did you mean the battery itself? NOW that is a possibility that I had NOT considered....very good point indeed!
NOW it would all make sense.....YES, the battery vent line would connect to the tuned pipe and any water would be prevented from entering the battery via an internal check valve built INTO the battery fitting.......THE EPIPHANY! I see the light now :)

No, you are getting the two systems confused.

Some of the exhaust fittings are metered fittings for controlling the water flow. In no way shape or form does the exhaust or any cooling lines connect to the battery or the intake silencer or air vent system.

I was saying the white plastic 90 degree elbow in the very first post installed on the black plastic fresh air baffle might have a check valve in it to prevent water from coming into the battery. In my experience though seadoo just put the outlet in a pretty splash proof location so it is just an open vent for the battery..

No, you are getting the two systems confused.

Some of the exhaust fittings are metered fittings for controlling the water flow. In no way shape or form does the exhaust or any cooling lines connect to the battery or the intake silencer or air vent system.

I was saying the white plastic 90 degree elbow in the very first post installed on the black plastic fresh air baffle might have a check valve in it to prevent water from coming into the battery. In my experience though seadoo just put the outlet in a pretty splash proof location so it is just an open vent for the battery..
Well, EFF me.....my original premise was completely wrong.....I am a stubborn ahole.....OK, now I see the problem.....what I thought was the tuned box is in fact the air baffle (as you indicate).....I finally found it in the HULL section of the manual (Section 10-01-1)....you the man.....EPIPHANY redux! Thanks for setting me straight! The battery vents to atmosphere! Got it....information has finally been converted to knowledge...I'm slow on the uptake sometimes...doh!

Well I'll be damned.....yesterday I was poking around inside the hull of my '96 GTX (still futzing with carbs and such) and what do I "find"? A battery vent hose lying under the battery tray area......I reached in there and pulled it up and "lightbulb" - I KNOW what this is - thanks man. I use a flooded battery type and connected the vent line to the battery fitting.:thumbs-up:

Can you add a picture of the hose when it is connected to the battery? I have the same hose but there does not seem to be a connector on the battery. If I don't have a vent on my battery can I just leave the hose loose on the bottom of the ski? I found it loose on the bottom when I was working on the carbs and was wondering what it was for. Thank goodness for this forum.

It’s only if you have a flooded battery. If you have a maintenance free battery there’s nothing to connect to.

Interestingly, I found the same hose on my new to me '94 GTS this weekend. I quickly assumed (correctly) that it was the vent for a flooded cell battery which is redundant on my AGM battery equipped Sea-Doo.

Thank you Mikidymac for all of your great wisdom on this list, I have learned much reading your many posts.

Doug M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back