Help! 93 gtx what line is this??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I have a 1993 Sea-Doo gtx and I can't figure out if this hose goes to anything. Does anyone know by chance?

1in goes to the rear of the jetski (below) into a plastic box as shown. The other end doesn't look like it goes to anyting?20190715_151149.jpg20190715_151220.jpg20190715_151257.jpg

It looks to me that the hose you are chasing is on the top of the cooling system diagram....elbow, zip tie, hose goes to barb fitting (#14) somewhere on engine.....highly doubt it's a "breather".... hoses usually connect to something somewhere unless things are missing on the ski...send more pics...gotta be/should be a hose barb somewhere

Battery vent line.

Do you have a sealed battery in it? If so the line is not used. If it's a flooded battery then there should be a vent fitting on the side of the top where the line connects.

Battery vent line.

Do you have a sealed battery in it? If so the line is not used. If it's a flooded battery then there should be a vent fitting on the side of the top where the line connects.
A battery vent line connected into the exhaust side of a jet ski...never heard of such an arrangement. Do you have a diagram of this configuration?

The line is connected to the air intake at the rear of the machine. That black box is not part of the exhaust. I have been looking in the 93 diagrams and can't find the hose and fitting, no evidence to back up my words. If it is a water line, but you have been running the machine, then you would know something is wrong right away.

Just check your battery. With the hose laying in the hull, along the right side by the carbs, does it end where the battery sits?

Hey guys I have a 1993 Sea-Doo gtx and I can't figure out if this hose goes to anything. Does anyone know by chance?

1in goes to the rear of the jetski (below) into a plastic box as shown. The other end doesn't look like it goes to anyting?View attachment 42396View attachment 42397View attachment 42398
Have you removed other pieces and parts of the ski? I see a metal bracket with a hole there and wondered what that was for....I looked it up and it is there to connect/hold up an Air Intake system apparently.....

The hose in your hand which connects to that big black plastic part (which is called a "tuned pipe") is part of the cooling system...for sure....nothing to do with the battery (at least that is what it looks like according to the 1993 diagrams for all systems in a '93 GTX (found on OSD Marine via a google search).

Here are some more photos. While the video uploads

Attachments

• 20190715_170031.jpg
    20190715_170031.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 20190715_170033.jpg
    20190715_170033.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20190715_170038.jpg
    20190715_170038.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 20190715_165937.jpg
    20190715_165937.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
  • 20190715_165944.jpg
    20190715_165944.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20190715_165950.jpg
    20190715_165950.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20190715_170017.jpg
    20190715_170017.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
  • 20190715_151257.jpg
    20190715_151257.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 20190715_151302.jpg
    20190715_151302.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
  • 20190715_170024.jpg
    20190715_170024.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
Have you removed other pieces and parts of the ski? I see a metal bracket with a hole there and wondered what that was for....I looked it up and it is there to connect/hold up an Air Intake system apparently.....

The hose in your hand which connects to that big black plastic part (which is called a "tuned pipe") is part of the cooling system...for sure....nothing to do with the battery (at least that is what it looks like according to the 1993 diagrams for all systems in a '93 GTX (found on OSD Marine via a google search).
I've looked all around the intake system and see no hole for this?15632248030743630897116369499931.jpg

Item #32. Even in the diagrams it isn't shown landing anywhere. You can search your intake, exhaust and cooling systems all day and you will not find a place for that hose to land.

Attachments

• 20190715_151149.jpg
    20190715_151149.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20190715-155644_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190715-155644_Samsung Internet.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 16
I THINK I may have found the elusive hose.....I typically find it hard to believe that manufacturers put stuff into machines for no good reason...BUT they DO create different models and versions of machines that have different components sometimes so SOME things may become "unused" or redundant simply for the sake of assembly line simplicity....ANYWAY...take a look at the attached diagram from the 1993 seadoo shop manual....I think the line (in your case) may not be used (although it does look like it was attached to something at some point.....) reach around under the exhaust side of the engine to verify there is not an open water port under there....

Attachments

• 20190716081432.pdf
    87.5 KB · Views: 9
I THINK I may have found the elusive hose.....I typically find it hard to believe that manufacturers put stuff into machines for no good reason...BUT they DO create different models and versions of machines that have different components sometimes so SOME things may become "unused" or redundant simply for the sake of assembly line simplicity....ANYWAY...take a look at the attached diagram from the 1993 seadoo shop manual....I think the line (in your case) may not be used (although it does look like it was attached to something at some point.....) reach around under the exhaust side of the engine to verify there is not an open water port under there....

Stop beating the dead horse... It was answered in post #5.

That hose is for the battery vent on a flooded battery. When these skis were new there were no sealed batteries so that hose goes from the battery to the rear black box as in the first pictures. That black box is just the baffle fro the rear air vents. The hose vents explosive hydrogen gas from the battery to the outside of the hull. It is not an exhaust or coolant hose.

If you don't use a flooded battery then don't connect it to anything. You could coil it up and tie it out of the way if you want.

Guys it's the oil or fuel line vent. Basically doesn't really do much lol
I don’t think that’s correct....although I can find absolutely no definitive diagram to PROVE otherwise, Mikidymac has indicated that it is a battery vent line. I did eventually stumble upon a YouTube video of your ski vintage and it appears that the line did attach to the battery vent (of a flooded battery type). Mikidymac really seems to know his shit and should be considered the de facto “expert”. I often rely on information that is published in manuals but could find no true answer in the seadoo manuals, but IF you carefully read between the lines in the ‘93 manual you could make the case that the hose does connect to the battery vent even if it never shows it or definitively says that....SO, Mikidymac experience rules out in this case, experience of which I sorely lack.

Nope again. That’s the check valve for the oil tank and nothing connects to it. If you leave it that way you’ll get water into your oil tank.

Listen carefully... it’s the battery vent hose.
APOLOGIES for "beating the horse".....
See, that's the part that was really throwing me....you say "If you leave it that way you'll get water into your oil tank", SO if water could enter the oil tank, WHY wouldn't water then also be able to enter the battery??

That was the issue that I was struggling with (and I would not have thought a line connected to the tuned pipe would also connect to a battery)....didn't seem to make sense.......HOWEVER...there is a very small notation in the '93 manual that says " NOTE (in Electrical Section 7): On XP model (5852) a check valve is installed on vent line to prevent water to flow back into the battery". The OP did not show a check valve in that mystery line at any point.

This discussion was certainly educational..if nothing else! Thank you for sharing your expertise with these older skis.

To be honest I have never checked the battery vent for a check valve but the little 90 degree fitting on the end might have one built in.

We get asked about 20 times a season what this hose in so it is pretty easy to spot at this point.

I was not trying to be a jerk to you and am happy to explain if you have any other questions.

To be honest I have never checked the battery vent for a check valve but the little 90 degree fitting on the end might have one built in.

We get asked about 20 times a season what this hose in so it is pretty easy to spot at this point.

I was not trying to be a jerk to you and am happy to explain if you have any other questions.
No "jerk" taken....I have VERY thick skin....I get it...you have probably answered that question a million times so I can certainly understand a certain "level" of frustration with answering over and over (the life of a moderator with expertise....sucks to be you - hahahaha!!!.

BTW: Those little elbow fittings are "calibrated" (according to the Seadoo manual, via interior ID to allow a metered amount of water through them with no internal check valve arrangement indicated - in the manual anyway). When I also saw that...it further made me scratch my head to think that a "water" line would be attached to a battery, therefore, the hose connection (if it exists) on the exhaust side of the motor made the most sense to me (based on the diagram for the cooling system - Section 4 page 04-02-1).

We're all good!

Opps, I may have misinterpretted what you meant by the 90 degree fittings on the end - did you mean the battery itself? NOW that is a possibility that I had NOT considered....very good point indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back