Help 3D problem, single beep engin cuts out

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

krusch

I have a 04 3D the engine starts right up and idles fine, as soon as i start to give it gas, it starts to go and right as it is going to plain out, you hear a loud beep and the engine cuts out almost sending you over the handlebars... Has anyone had this issue or know what is happening?:(

I mean "engine cuts out" not engin OOPS....

Dess?

A little more info here and I think I can help....

When this happens, is it like it's just shutting down electrically? Do you hear any hesitation or stumbling before it dies? When this happens, do you get it to start right back up?

The ski seems to be to new for this type problem to exist but from your initial description, it sounds like your DESS post is losing contact with your lanyard. The lanyard has a ROM (read only memory) chip inside and the post uses magnetics for communicating with it. If it gets dirty or loses it's magnetic attraction, then you lose your command signal from the lanyard ROM.

Try cleaning the post and lanyard with warm soapy water. Then, let it dry out. You can also use a pencil eraser to clean and shine the metal clip inside the lanyard. If you determine the post is bad, then you can find one here at www.seadoowarehouse.com for about $90 bucks. This is an item you can change out yourself and does not require re-programming.

The key here is: does it start back up and does it shut down like a total loss of electrical power........let us know!:cheers:

It just shuts down instantly, it will start right up again but it seems to happen when it hits a certain RPM. The engine just cuts out no hesitation or stumbling, i can drive it slow all day long just when it is about to plaine out i will hear one long beep and its like hitting the breaks, you almost flip over the front.

Dealer found the problem....

Well this one is a first for me....
I took the ski to the dealer to have it checked out and they called me the next day telling me to pick it up it was fixed.
When i asked them what was wrong they told me it had the wrong spark plugs in it.
I had put B8ES in it not BR8ES the difference being the resistor.
I needed plugs and i had B8ES for my quads and i figured that the lack of a resistor would not impeed the preformance of the motor.
Guess I was wrong, I just wanted to share this with the others so no one else make the same dumb mistake i did...:stupid:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back