Hello from TX!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesark

New member here, looking forward to all the great information from the SeaDoo forum.

I'm currently looking at both a Seadoo RXT-X 260 and a Kawasaki Ultra 310X SE. I've been team Kawasaki since the Ultra 300X came out, but now that it's time to buy one the dealer has me questioning if I really want the Kawasaki.

My dealer here sells just about all PWC's made and they are pushing the Seadoo hard. I was about ready to close the deal with another dealer on the Kawasaki and the other dealership really got me thinking about the Seadoo.

Guess it all comes down to what I want to do with it, right. So it's gonna be 100% freshwater lake riding. Mostly just cruising with friends, pulling tubes and skiers. Horsing around, you know the drill. I don't have to own the world's fastest PWC but I better not get out ran by everybody! ;)

The dealers biggest selling point on the Seadoo was reliability. They are telling me that the 260 is every bit as fast as the 310X but much more problem free and a higher resale value.

So guys and gals, knowing the name of the forum...what's your opinion?

Thanks in advance!

I own an 09 RXT-X 255 and simply love the machine. It is built for speed but also for reliability and stability. Very stable and very fast.

Seadoo makes other machines with the 260 engine that are more comfortable and the ski comes with more goodies such as the IBR (Intelligent Barke System). I would not buy the ski with the suspension as it is top heavy by comparison to the same ski without the suspension...

The 155 stye engine is very well proven and the 255/260 is based from that engine.

I don't think you can go wrong with the 260 skis.

I also own a GTX 155 and that thing is like driving a Caddy. When i buy new skis I will do the same thing but a larger engine in both skis just because of the fun of the acceleration and ability to jump waves and what not.

Thanks joe! That's the input I'm looking for, real world stuff. I haven't had a lot of experiences with seadoo products so I'll take all the info I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back