has anyone used ses for engines?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 720 that is being rebuilt by Tom also, sent motor in the first of May, he said I was put in the 5 week turn around time and still havn't gotten it back as of yet (aug 8th). It does seem to be consistent with the long turnaround time based on all the posts I've read on here. I have heard nothing but good results from SES, just takes a little longer than what we're told. I don't mind the wait as long as my engine runs good! Once I get it back then the big obstacle is putting the engine back in and to get it running. I will definately be looking at this forum for help and tips in getting the Doo up and running before summer is over with.

SO I guess at whatever SES tells you, just multiply it by 4.... so 4=16 and a 5 week turn around =20 weeks.
Doesn't someone on this forum work for SES......Mike or Joe something?????

honestly no matter how much you guys like SES, these turnaround times are insane !
there's absolutely no reason at all for me to ever call them for service.

Well my engine only had a cyl with rings stuck and cyls that were rusted at some point before I owned it as far as I could see anyway. So I am hoping that they keep there word. I was UN-easy paying up front but it was done by paypal so at least I have that. I don't mind a couple days but 10 or 15 weeks or longer would be unacceptable. I hope I can reply with good results. At this point I am happy with the service or at least the info I received so far.

I've seen a few posts on here from someone who works for SES before, not sure what their names were. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one waiting forever for my engine. My options that I narrowed down were full bore or SES, and I went with SES for the 5 turnaround time but as you can see that didn't quite work out as well. Oh well, theres nothing i can do about it now but wait. I'm hoping any day it'll show up so I will let everyone on here know as soon as it arrives.

I think consensus says SBT FTW for turn around and ease of core swap.
Its at your door in a week. Then send yours in.

If there was a spare engine then consider rebuild from FB, SES or other local builder.

I called SES yesterday they said it should ship on Thursday. So it should be within the promised time frame. I guess we will see. So far so good. I will update as I know more.

My Seadoo Engine Shop Experience.

POSITIVE!

First of all, most of the times that I called, Tom answered. He is a very nice guy and will listen to your situations and provide advice and details for what his shop will do for the engine. If they don't answer, they are busy rebuilding your engines.

I paid them July 16th which puts you on their calendar for when they will start rebuilding your engine. But before that, he said he wanted the engine by August 13th. While I was still debating whether or not to rebuild the engine this season, I got a call back. He said, someone rescheduled their rebuild and that I can send it ten days earlier.

I got the engine delivered to them August 2nd, but leave them a few extra days BEFORE the date they want to rebuild it so they can get organized (suggested by Tom).

Long story short, my engine was delivered yesterday August 15th. This includes about two days with UPS.

I didn't know how, or feel comfortable removing the PTO, or the flywheel, and left it on. They took care of that without a problem.

SES even gave me a new shipping container, as the one I sent them got damaged by UPS because I bought a crappy Walmart brand (buy a rubbermaid!).

Overall, and so far, my experience with SES has been great. I am already putting things back together. I'll be even happier once I know it runs :thumbsup:

29cvq11.jpg

207bbwy.jpg

Good to hear your story...sounds like they maybe making an attempt at resolving their timeline issues. I dont think anyone has questioned their work, just their customer service.

So far my feed back about SES
Positive as well.
Delivered as promised. About 3 weeks . I will update once I get it running may take a few weeks because of time but I will try to get it running this season for sure. Thanks SES. Dave

The engine is about 90% broken in! and still running!

I am at the last step upto 90% throttle and still varying. Have about half a tank of gas left. I had my GTI out and my girlfriend was breaking in the new motor (yes, she did everything correctly :thumbsup: ) Even though she was varying the throttle up to 90% I couldn't keep up at 100% throttle on my ski! AAAAGH.

Thanks again SES.

Does anyone know when SES starts their off-season pricing? I read somewhere, but can't seem to find it now.

...Don't know anything about them, but the web sight looks good.

www.playtimepowersports.com/

Great website? Um, yeah. :lols:
That is one of the worst websites I've seen in quite a while. Ancient design, very little info and no way to contact them via email, chat, etc... just says to call. Darn near useless, IMHO.
...not that whether the site is good or not has anything to do with how good/bad their services are. Maybe they are too busy being parts rockstars to build a modern website.

That said, I am interested in any feedback folks have on the vendor, as I'll be sending off a 951 DI over the winter for rebuild.

Great website? Um, yeah. :lols:
That is one of the worst websites I've seen in quite a while. Ancient design, very little info and no way to contact them via email, chat, etc... just says to call. Darn near useless, IMHO.
...not that whether the site is good or not has anything to do with how good/bad their services are. Maybe they are too busy being parts rockstars to build a modern website.

That said, I am interested in any feedback folks have on the vendor, as I'll be sending off a 951 DI over the winter for rebuild.

Call the guy and talk to him!! Do you want a fancy website or a quality engine, my 720 that was rebuilt there runs like a scalded hound and will use him again this fall for my 787.

Call the guy and talk to him!! Do you want a fancy website or a quality engine, my 720 that was rebuilt there runs like a scalded hound and will use him again this fall for my 787.

:)
Easy, Harry.
I said that there is not a direct tie between site quality and engine build quality.
I was just making an observation about your statement that the site looks good. IMHO, it doesn't.

To me, a good website gives enough info that I don't HAVE to call. What is the point of even having a site if the only way to understand what they are offering is to call them?

Overall though, I think that the face of most any business that serves clients outside of the business's local area is their website. The implication of a crappy site is that the business does not follow the golden rule that if something is worth doing, it is worth doing right. If they cut corners on the public face of their business, where else might they cut corners? It also implies that the business isn't successful enough to have the resources to do a good site, or they aren't sophisticated enough to understand WHY their site matters. If they don't have the resources, then I wonder if they'll have the resources or inclination to do the job (rebuild) right, or to provide robust customer support and warranty support. And if they don't "get" why their brand image matters... well, that is a pretty clear red flag, if I've ever seen one.

I'm pleased that you like the work they did for you, but that doesn't change my opinion of the website. :Angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
:)
Easy, Harry.
I said that there is not a direct tie between site quality and engine build quality.
I was just making an observation about your statement that the site looks good. IMHO, it doesn't.

To me, a good website gives enough info that I don't HAVE to call. What is the point of even having a site if the only way to understand what they are offering is to call them?

Overall though, I think that the face of most any business that serves clients outside of the business's local area is their website. The implication of a crappy site is that the business does not follow the golden rule that if something is worth doing, it is worth doing right. If they cut corners on the public face of their business, where else might they cut corners? It also implies that the business isn't successful enough to have the resources to do a good site, or they aren't sophisticated enough to understand WHY their site matters. If they don't have the resources, then I wonder if they'll have the resources or inclination to do the job (rebuild) right, or to provide robust customer support and warranty support. And if they don't "get" why their brand image matters... well, that is a pretty clear red flag, if I've ever seen one.

I'm pleased that you like the work they did for you, but that doesn't change my opinion of the website. :Angel:

Well to start off, I did not state that his site looks good. You apparently feel I am defending his site, not the case, simply stating that my experience with SES was a positive one and that I would deal with him again. In my best southern drawl,"Do yall judge a book by it's cover"?:cheers:

Yes, that's the point of the cover... It has even more info on the back too!

While there may be no correlation between site quality and engine quality, it's a big factor for me. As well as I'm sure others. Ford and range rover have amazing sites. Even iPad compatable. GMs site however, as with there products, is crap...

Well to start off, I did not state that his site looks good. You apparently feel I am defending his site, not the case, simply stating that my experience with SES was a positive one and that I would deal with him again. In my best southern drawl,"Do yall judge a book by it's cover"?:cheers:

I said that the website looked good.
I wasn't necessarily stating the the actual website looked good as much as I was stating that the products and service looked worthy of checking out. I worded my statement wrong, but instead of downing folks and making fun...maybe a post for clarification would be better. Trying to "one up" people is never a positive thing.

I said that the website looked good.
I wasn't necessarily stating the the actual website looked good as much as I was stating that the products and service looked worthy of checking out. I worded my statement wrong, but instead of downing folks and making fun...maybe a post for clarification would be better. Trying to "one up" people is never a positive thing.

I will utilize my chance to shut up, Thank you!

I will utilize my chance to shut up, Thank you!

I wasn't trying to offend anyone...just throw out another engine re builder option. As is with most things, there are those (rjcress) who are quick to "dis" helpful information. Therefore most of the time I try not to miss a chance to shut up.

Last edited by a moderator:

I apologize, Harry. I somehow got you mixed up with jhjesse who is the one that stated that the Play Time Powersports site is "good".
My bad. :)
And yes, when I have little else by which to judge a book, the cover is meaningful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back