Harness Problem?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FJP800

I have a 2003 SeaDoo GTX 4tec. The red warning light comes on and off now and then and I get a loud beep now and then while riding. The Odemeter goes to Zero and the Digital gas indicator goes blank, then goes back on again and off again. Would this be the Harness or the Odometer Display? Any way to check which is the problem? I already replaced the Mpem with an OEM one and double checked the serial number to make sure it is of my ski. I checked the codes [pressed "set button" five times] nothing..

Disconnect the battery and unplug the plugs you can get to. Use 97% rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush and clean all the contacts. Also a common issue is a fuse that makes a connection, but has some corrosion on it. It will allow for continuity, but not enough voltage to carry the load. So things like he dash turn on and off.

Disconnect the battery and unplug the plugs you can get to. Use 97% rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush and clean all the contacts. Also a common issue is a fuse that makes a connection, but has some corrosion on it. It will allow for continuity, but not enough voltage to carry the load. So things like he dash turn on and off.

Weil do. I have 91% alcohol which I will use. Also where is the fuse located? If it is in the mpem, I just replaced it with a brand new poem one... Probably the harness was the problem in the first place :( Thanks in advance!!!

What is a cluster? Is is the part of the harness which goes to the Digital gauge? If, so do you have the number for it? Thank you!

The "Cluster" is he dash where the gauges are..
That said, I would unplug any plug I could get to and clean them and check for corrosion as the feed issue could be early anywhere if it isn't the actual cluster itself..

Got it... thanks.. Will do as soon as the rain stops. I live in Florida and our front yard looks like a lake today : ( Was going to replace the entire harness.. EBay between $100 & $200 used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back