gtx98 Ltd.Cooling System

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

crisso

:confused:Can someone help me with the way the cooling system circulates please.Are the 3 holes inside the pump, just behind the impellar,the intake for the engine cooling.Do these get water in by venturi effect.At the discharge to the pump there is a 2 hole tube/nozzle,is this the part that creates the venturi.Also,where is the engine temp unit sender located on the engine.The 'rave' valve looking unit that is located on the muffler,what is its function in the water flow.I am having the 2sec.every minute buzzer and want to check everything I can.Any help would be great.Thank you

Cooling system

Thankyou Seadooya.That explains a LOT to me.I found what the water regulator does and how it works but am still not sure how the cooling water gets its flow pressure.Is it positive pressure into those 3 holes from the pump unit??

apologize for not being clearer with my response...W.R., in simple terms, controls the flow to the tuned pipe. One way you can find out if its functioning properly, is when you increase speed/rpm, it will divert water to the muffler, thus having less water going toward the pipe. If you ever experience a 6000rpm max at WOT, this unit(water regulator) is where to start and look at for the problem.

Buzzer

The buzzer will do as you describe if your low on fuel or low on oil. Alot of GTX fuel gauges are inop and that causes the buzzer to go off because it thinks you are low on fuel.
DAWG

Thank you guys for your info.The fuel and oil are full and I put a volt meter on the battery.12.4v not running and 14.4 at about 2000rpm because the bat.low.signal was coming up.It must be the fuel sender unit.I am still a bit unsure how the water pumps through the motor.Except for the buzzer,all seems good.Thank you again

It is really simple

The water is driven into the single larger opening. The faster the impeller is turning, the higher the rpm, the more the water is forced in to the cooling water inlet and through the cooling system.

The two small tubes are connected to the two pick-ups in the bottom of the hull. They work by venturi effect, creating a vacuum to suck any water out of the hull.

98GTX cooling system

Thank you for your great replies.SO.There is no water pump except for the impellar.It makes the pressure that is pushed through the engine and those 3 holes are the engine water intake.If I am wrong please tell me.Very simple and easy.Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back