GTX Access Door

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

badgurl55

I am trying to replace the rubber straps for the Fire Extinguisher .... noticed a Access Door above ... it appesrs to me .. 2 screws and 2 c-clamps to be removed.
Will this disrupt much and am I on track of what to do? :)

Attachments

• Access Door schem.png
    Access Door schem.png
    119 KB · Views: 8
Forum can be very helpful with good descriptions. It helps to put the year and model and not just GTX which has been made for the last 25+ years. Also helpful is saying that it is under the hood and not just a pic of a plastic part.

To answer your question for future reference for others:

Yes, under the hood where the 2 fire extinguisher straps are located, you can loosen the 2 8mm screws at the top on the upper plastic panel, don't need to remove them, and pop up the 2 plastic post pins on the left and right side to fully remove the pins, then the cover can be rotated downward and removed giving access to the back of the broken rubber straps for removal.

Touche' .... That makes sense ... the year. I was thinking there were c clamps, but found out otherwise and makes it easier that chasing a flinging clamp. Ha ... Thanks for the explanation of what I missed. Now .... onto my misfire issue. Ugh

Touche' .... That makes sense ... the year. I was thinking there were c clamps, but found out otherwise and makes it easier that chasing a flinging clamp. Ha ... Thanks for the explanation of what I missed. Now .... onto my misfire issue. Ugh
plugs... always check the plugs. by looking at the tip of the plug you can tell a lot about how your ski is running

is it a constant misfire? only at higher rpms? only hot? only when cold? only when in the water?
give use as much detail as possible so we can help you as much as possible

I noticed that too ... but I did just replace all plugs an gapped 0.30 and really haven't run it in water yet.
It's a intermittent misfire .... I could feel it especially on take off ...
we stopped and sat for about 20 mins on water then noticed it a bit ... then took off at 67mph and couldn't feel it.
at higher RPM, I couldn't feel it, hear it.
you can hear it misfire on take off as you're going along kinda slow.

I believe they sat a bit and the previous owner just added newer fuel .... but it was running great when we first took off.
We bought 2 with 55 hrs on em and the other one had the fuel completely replace by dealer ... maybe the gas should be removed and replaced. any EZ way besides sucking on a hose? and maybe an additive to help carb

Back