GTX 230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

macey

Hi
I drove my friends 1-2 year old GTX 230 on the weekend. It drove great. One thing I noticed is the GTX doesnt easily stay on a straight line while being driven. It seems like I was making many small corrections in the steering to keep the machine going in a straight line. Small waves or wakes will move the machine from side to side. I have driven a few other "older" PWC's over the years and never really experienced this....or at least not nearly as much. I drove two different sea doo boats and experienced similar sensations (boat moves from side to side). That said, I own an 18' classic donzi and it cuts through the water like a knife. My 2009 kawasaki jetski drives fairly straight as well. I am thinking this "side to side" sensations is due to the shape of the hull and/or the (larger than I am used to) size of the GTX230.

Question #1 - do other people have the same driving experience?
Question #2 - is there a seadoo model, similar to the gtx 230, that drives straighter?

Thanks All
Greg

Back