GTI LE RFI Bogging

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

justindale

My 2003 gti le rfi has a serious bogging/dead spot issue and I'm hoping you folks can help me figure out what's causing it. It doesn't work in reverse or neutral because it dies from the idling and then when trying to go forward it has a really hard time getting above 2100ish rpm but once it gets to 2300rpm it's golden. It does this every time you let the throttle get below 2100rpm. I've never worked on pwc before but I'm a dirt bike mechanic so I'm trying to learn about pwc so I can fix my own also.

I also found out that it doesn't have a dead spot or any issues at all out of water and the more weight that is put on it the harder it is to get above the dead spot when in water.

your carb needs rebuilt I would guess. Do you have the gray Tempo gas lines? They degrade with alcohol gas. Makes green goop that clogs fuel filter in carb and passages. They need to be replaced with automotive 1/4 inch and 5/16 fuel line. Using all stainless worm clamps. Place an inline fuel filter a foot before carbs. Rebuild carb / carbs in a basin so if little parts come off they are contained. YouTube has video's on rebuilding them. Not real hard. Need to buy a pop off tester. You can use it to test for air leaks in fuel system also. A good source for kits and pop off tester is: OSD.com - He will hook you up with most parts! Service manuals are available on the Internet. Most times for free! Used parts are a mouse click away!

Symptom suggests one or both your RAVE(s) may not be closed at low rpm.

Bills86e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back