2003 seadoo gti le-rfi no power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Prause

Hello everyone I have a 2003 gti le-rfi that was running great earlier this year but then a couple weeks ago it got finikey with getting power (the key was really worn out so we got a new one thinking that it was the intermittent problem) with the new (or old) key it now has no power whatsoever, no beeps no fuel pump sound, no gauges and it won’t start I got a new dess post and that hasn’t fixed the problem yes the battery has power). Lmk if you guys have any idea what the problem could be,
Thanks

Hello everyone I have a 2003 gti le-rfi that was running great earlier this year but then a couple weeks ago it got finikey with getting power (the key was really worn out so we got a new one thinking that it was the intermittent problem) with the new (or old) key it now has no power whatsoever, no beeps no fuel pump sound, no gauges and it won’t start I got a new dess post and that hasn’t fixed the problem yes the battery has power). Lmk if you guys have any idea what the problem could be,
Thanks
Hi Billy,
I'm working the same ski. It wouldn't run long but it would briefly start. Now all of a sudden the same thing as you. Fuses good too... just no power. Did you ever figure it out?

You have to be very methodical to troubleshoot the RFI. We each have our preferences based on personal experience. After checking compression which is always the first thing and fuses of course. I check fuel pressure and cranking fuel pressure. Check spark using a spark checker that plugs into the spark plug (easier to see and verify spark) Then I'll check the rectifier and I'll replace that just to eliminate it as a source of problems. After than you can pull the #4 plug on the MPEM and test all of the components. You'll need to download the repair manual to get the proper information on that.

You might need to pull the fuel cansiter and replace the filters. I send the injectors our for cleaning.

I'm not wanting to interfere with the original post. I have power to the starter when jumped. It's just no power now with the dess. I have checked the errors from the switch to the first junction. In my case I did open the MPEM and it had water run out of the s case. I pulled the unit. Cleaned all the contacts plugged it back in and still no start. Now no beeps from the dess.(or power)

I'm not wanting to interfere with the original post. I have power to the starter when jumped. It's just no power now with the dess. I have checked the errors from the switch to the first junction. In my case I did open the MPEM and it had water run out of the s case. I pulled the unit. Cleaned all the contacts plugged it back in and still no start. Now no beeps from the dess.(or power)
Start a new thread with your issues and questions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back