2003 seadoo gti le rfi no start in water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

94010397seadoos

My 2003 seadoo gti le rfi refuses to start in the water. It has good compression, gas and, spark. It starts out of the water immediately. I just bought a new battery thinking that could be the problem but no luck. It was recently rebuilt, new crankcase, crankshaft and top end kit. Any thoughts or advice is helpful. Thanks

My GTX DI did that when running on 1 of the 2 cylinders. If I kept cranking it would eventally gain enough forward motion for the engine to start and keep running with very low power.
Out of water with no resistance it would start easy and idle good.

My GTX DI did that when running on 1 of the 2 cylinders. If I kept cranking it would eventally gain enough forward motion for the engine to start and keep running with very low power.
Out of water with no resistance it would start easy and idle good.
Sounds good I’ll have to take a look at that. I can start it on land and push it in and it runs good for the most part. It won’t idle in or out of the water.

If it runs good after pushing it in it wont be a 1 cylinder issue.
Maybe a loose or cracked carb connection where it gets too much air, or too little from being blocked maybe but with revs up its less of an issue?

If it runs good after pushing it in it wont be a 1 cylinder issue.
Maybe a loose or cracked carb connection where it gets too much air, or too little from being blocked maybe but with revs up its less of an issue?
It’s fuel injected so I don’t know where the air could be or not be. I don’t run it with the air box on. Does the air box restrict air from getting in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back