Grey Sludge coming from exhaust

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxgtxman

1999 GTX LTD 951. Has anyone ever heard of this? I recently rebuilt the carbs and pulled the exhaust to fix an exhaust leak. I removed the VROI and I'm premixing. Did I put too much oil in the gas? The RPM ran up to 6200 RPM for 30 sec, steady, until I could get the gas shutoff?

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd be more concerned about the 6200rpm, then the grey sludge. think you got an airleak at the carbs, bud.

I agree. Looks like I call "Mulligan" and start over. It's the first time she's fired up this year. Any chance it could be excessive carbon build up? I'm pulling the carbs any way. Like the cheap bastard I am I used the old gaskets that had some nicks and missing material. Can I make my own? I used cardboard and some gasket maker on my GSX and didn't have any issues. As for the Grey $hit, I had to guestimate how much gas was in the tank, and presume I underestimated it? It sounds like I've got spent oil coming through the exhaust! Oh yeah and I got an exhaust leak around the clamp. Nightmare central on this ski.

I agree. Looks like I call "Mulligan" and start over. It's the first time she's fired up this year. Any chance it could be excessive carbon build up? I'm pulling the carbs any way. Like the cheap bastard I am I used the old gaskets that had some nicks and missing material. Can I make my own? I used cardboard and some gasket maker on my GSX and didn't have any issues. As for the Grey $hit, I had to guestimate how much gas was in the tank, and presume I underestimated it? It sounds like I've got spent oil coming through the exhaust! Oh yeah and I got an exhaust leak around the clamp. Nightmare central on this ski.

Atleast, with you know how to remove the carbs, the pipe assy is cake....:rofl:

To me, the 951 carb gaskets, are different than the "other" 787/720..etc gaskets. I'd go with oem ones, are something comprable, not guessing your work, but that motor izza bi*^% to work on, with problems involved.

Bizza Bizza Bioutch is more like it. I told the wife I was ready to sell it because it's such a pain. She ain't buying it. Looks like Ill continue to curse this thing!:cheers:

Here goes

Got the new Gaskets put in, cleaned out the old gas, bought full synthtic XPS! Put a half can of Sea Foam! Still got to put the exhaust on!

The manual says 1 3/4 out on the Low speed screw, is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back