Good deal?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergy24

We looked at a pair of ‘18 GTI 130 SE’s today. They only have about 35 hours and come with a double trailer and a bunch of extras. They look and run good but the one will need a battery probably. All the functions worked as they should. He was asking $19500 and he agreed to take $18000. After reading here and other places, I’m a little concerned about the polytec hulls. They were on dry docks so we couldn’t look at the hills too well, but plan to when they are in trailer before we finalize the deal. Are we just overthinking this or would the polytec hulls be a deal breaker? How reliable are the 130 engines if taken care of?

I am not an expert on the polytec hull, but I believe that The original design was pretty good and has been effective. I think they are using polytec II with additional strength stringers as of 2020… but regardless, I don’t think there is anything to be concerned with for the 2018 models. Some that ride very aggressively have felt the hulls flexed a bit, or those jumping serious waves have possibly broken a motor mount part of the hull. But these are unusual and extreme situations that most people will never notice or reproduce. If I were you, I would be very comfortable with these hulls.

As for the 130 engine, very durable and reliable. Not unusual for well maintained skis to go 300-400+ hours without any concerns. You could be very pleased with these skis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back