Used Seadoo Spark Is This A Good Deal?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ludejim

I am going to look at these SeaDoos later today and was wondering if anyone could tell me more about them and whether or not they are a good deal. The guy wants $14,500 for both and the trailer. He said they are 2021 models and both have IBR and 45 hours runtime on each.

Can you tell what model they are from the photos? How many hrspwrs they've got? I've been poking around looking for details through the images and the internet and can't find too much. It is obvious they do actually have IBR, but I haven't been able to deduce much more with the limited photos he provided.

359533036_794667539036863_1146279442143962731_n.jpg358666527_794669635703320_45697556449418205_n.jpg358541394_794667562370194_4641337203604983738_n.jpg

This is a late to the party answer...but they look like standard Spark 2UPs with iBR. I bought a new 2017, in 2017 and the cost was $7,500.00 (no trailer). Not knowing the year of these ski's.....2 skiMy kids s of that vintage (maybe) for $14,500.00 with trailer is NO DEAL in my book.

The Sparks are OK, but you need to take the entire top deck OFF to do anything on/with the engine. They are a very light ski....it will beat you up in rough water.....personally, I don't like them and the iBR on mine quit after a couple seasons.....I dis-assembled the ski and the iBR and fixed it myself....but it was a PITA. My 2 cents.....

I’m with “C”,,,I tell my customers to avoid any ski with the ibr,,,the module is non repairable,,,and can put the ski into limp mode,,,there are threads out here how to repair the ibr motor,,,
If you pull in a rock or rope,,,you have to remove the ibr before you can remove the pump,,,total PETA,,,
The seats are tiny,,,and they are not really for 2 up riding
The storeage is tiny.,,and as “C” said,,,the entire top deck has to come off for any servicing.
The hulls are recycled plastic/pvc,,,and I think maybe non repairable,,,can’t do a fibreglass repair,,,not exactly certain on that one.
And thats my “2” cents worth.

I’m with “C”,,,I tell my customers to avoid any ski with the ibr,,,the module is non repairable,,,and can put the ski into limp mode,,,there are threads out here how to repair the ibr motor,,,
If you pull in a rock or rope,,,you have to remove the ibr before you can remove the pump,,,total PETA,,,
The seats are tiny,,,and they are not really for 2 up riding
The storeage is tiny.,,and as “C” said,,,the entire top deck has to come off for any servicing.
The hulls are recycled plastic/pvc,,,and I think maybe non repairable,,,can’t do a fibreglass repair,,,not exactly certain on that one.
And thats my “2” cents worth.
The "hull" is some kind of polycarbonate plastic concoction....definately can't do a 'fiberglass" repair on it.....MAYBE a plastic welding repair for a crack...but I'd consider that dicey at best. Besides, if the hull is cracked and you try to repair it, another crack is gonna happen soon enough (IMHO). The Sparks are a "cheap" light ski.....save a little more $$$ for a proper fiberglassed hull ski...again IMHO!

Back