Gonna try to ski behind the 97 Challenger tomorrow...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
Any hints...?

For the wife that will be driving for only her 3rd time ever?

Something to make it work better and easier for her and myself?

Not concerned with legal issues of number of riders, mirrors, spotters, etc...this is Texas where rules are enforced on a person-by-person basis, and my wife is a hot red-head, and she gets away with anything she tries...:hurray:

I've slalomed behind it....off on one ski. I don't drop ski's, and I have been skiing since I was 10 years old. Piece of cake, even at 48 years old.

Karl

waked behind the gsx with the wife tuggin me along. wasnt very pretty at first but she finally got the hang of it. (couple dislocated shoulders later)

As soon as I figure out the issue with it sometimes not going to full rpms, I will give it a try on 2 first, then once she gets the hang of how to take off and what speed is comfortable on skis, I will do slalom. Then I will probably buy a wake board, which is what I have always wanted to do (more like surfing, my primary hobby).

I think one of my RAVES is still acting up. Gotta be it. Maybe sticking or the little hole is clogged?

May try to gun it in neutral and see if it is something that needs to be "cleared out" before I take off, and maybe that will lead me in the right direction for the repair.

sounds fun man.... i cant ski at all but i can wakeboard pretty good. the wife is getting pretty good at pulling me into the shallow sliders and stuff. she has got it down now. i might have to give the skis a try....:cheers:

Update!

Spent the entire day on the river and had a BLAST!!!

I found out that if I put the boat in neutral, and bounce it off the rev limiter for about 5 seconds, then idle, put in gear, and take off, it goes straight to 6500 every time and takes off.

So, it probably isn't a RAVE valve issue. It only does it if you idle for a few minutes, so maybe the plugs are fouling a bit and boucing off the rev limiter is burning them clean?:confused:

Taught the wife to do it and she did it about 5-6 times in about 15 minutes just to get the hang of it.

It should work because in neutral with throttle, it moves forward slowly, so it will take out the slack in the line before we take off.

Next time we go out we take the skis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back