Golf Cart Info

jhjesse

Thinking about getting a golf cart to tool around my place, especially since one of my Daughters and Her family moved next door. It would be great haul the grandkids back and fourth etc.
Trouble is I don't know anything about them. Should I look at an electric golf cart or maybe a gas powered cart?
If I go electric should it be 36volt or 48 volt etc.?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I would go gas if you can find one. One of the good old boys mechanic's at work had a Cushman pickup style golf cart. Had a cab and a bench seat in the bed. He had trailer at a camp ground he went to every weekend. He could tool around all weekend on 5 gallons of gas. Search on the Internet. There has to be info out there.

I have a Club Car Precedent 48V electric. I can run around all weekend at the campground on a full charge. We put a fold down back seat on it so it is versitale as well.

What is the difference in performance between a 36 volt and a 48 volt. I just read an ad on craigslist that claimed 48volt with chip added for performance??

I don't know anything about the chip upgrade.

The 36V has 6 - 6 volt batteries. The 48V model I have has 4 -12 volt batteries. Some 48V models have 6 - 8 volt batteries.

Bottom line.... More batteries equals longer run time. So my four battery model doesn't go as far between charges as the six battery models.

And...... The replacement cost of batteries is significant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back