Gelcoat repair cost

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vic

How much to professionally repair a 1 foot by 1 inch gouge on the hull of a challenger?
I am deciding whether to buy a 2008 challenger 18 foot with 95 hours for 11k and the hull has bubbles along the gouge area from a poor jelcoat repair.
Do you guys just run the supercharger until problems arise or do you rebuild or service it at 100 hours and how much would that cost if I took it to a mechanic vs the seadoo dealership ? Thanks.

i got a 3ft x 1" gouge in my challenger once, and it was about $600 to repair at a local shop. The guy did awesome work and was done in a day. Part of the $$ was from the high $ gelcoat from BRP. This was on a 180SP and was in the orange area. I think white and black are cheaper. Also, you can't just buy a pint of the stuff, i think you have to buy a gallon. Yours will prob cost around the same, since the amount of gelcoat won't change, and they'll have to remove the crappy stuff that's on there now.

How deep is it? If its purely gel cote, you can fix it yourself for under $100. I had a spot about 18 inches long by 1 inch wide. I fixed it myself with a single gel cote repair kit. I bet you would need more than a single kit. But they are cheap. The kits are only like $30 each, its the $20 in shipping they get you for. Post up some pictures if you can.

How deep is it? If its purely gel cote, you can fix it yourself for under $100. I had a spot about 18 inches long by 1 inch wide. I fixed it myself with a single gel cote repair kit. I bet you would need more than a single kit. But they are cheap. The kits are only like $30 each, its the $20 in shipping they get you for. Post up some pictures if you can.

Sorry I am not aware of these gel coat repair kits. Are they a BRP colour matched product or are you talking about a generic product?

Thanks

I had damage to my gel coat...pick up the kit and fix it yourself....kit has everything you need to fix it....I watched videos on YouTube of guys fixing it so i knew what to do....came out perfect.

Sorry I am not aware of these gel coat repair kits. Are they a BRP colour matched product or are you talking about a generic product?

Thanks

Yep they are factory matched. You can order them at www.gelcote.com which redirects you to gelcoat.ca They make the original BRP gel cote. You look up your specific year and model and select the appropriate color and it matches perfect. I did a pretty big spot and it was really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back