Gas lift shocks

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhryder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hey,
Was wondering if anyone had a source for replacement gas lifts for the rear seat covering the engine. I am asking specific to a 2002 Utopia 205 but assume they are somewhat universal.

I was just about to post the very same question as I also need a gas strut for my speedster and happy if anyone has one and would be prepared to mail it to me.

Hi. I got some universal replacement ones for my Islandia off Ebay. You need the shaft size (10mm, etc), the extended length, the collapsed length, and the pound lift rating. My Islandia had two 70lb struts and I went back with two 80lb ones. Been working fine for a year.

Hi. I got some universal replacement ones for my Islandia off Ebay. You need the shaft size (10mm, etc), the extended length, the collapsed length, and the pound lift rating. My Islandia had two 70lb struts and I went back with two 80lb ones. Been working fine for a year.

What are the lengths and shaft size you used for the Islandia?

I believe mine were the 10mm size. I don't remember the lengths, but I just measured them like shocks, eye to eye with the engine cover fully extended. And my engine compartment is so large that I could get in there and measure them eye to eye when closed as well.

mine were 90lb 10mm ball 28in extended, 16.5 compressed. One is week so the cover comes down slanted. They have plastic ends so that is also part of the issue as they have bent at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back