gas fire!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris sarabia

hello i have 96 seedo spx was riding on colorado river ski started missing was low on gas went home started fine on trailer filled tank went to launch ski would not start pulled off seat checked plugs gas fouled checked for spark then big gas fire!!!!! fire went out . gas tank was rutured called to order new tank , they told me it was recalled 1n 97 previous owner did not take it in also when it caught fire i jumped and ruptured my achies tendon ski is in better shape then me . has any body ever heard of this happening before?:(:(:(

At this point, I think i would just give up...

But you sound like you have more gumption than I do. So, keep it up :cheers:

Where on the Colorado were you? When I was a kid, we spent every weekend at Mayflower Park near Blythe. We had a big block jet boat back then...

Hah..."memorieeeesss...":redface:

I have heard of the recall by seadoo...it causes a fire if you don't get it taken care of it.:ack:

Karl

Well lets see...in my 5,500 posts I have heard that about.....2000 times... :rofl: Check the ground wires coming from the ignition coils to the connection and clean the board it attached to so it gets a good ground. Also you could remove the spark plug boots and clips and cut the wire 1/4" and re install the clip and boot using silicon spray. That will give you a better connection. Check all the wire connections too for corrosion.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back