Full throttle takeoff stops at 5000 rpm, sometimes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
Ok, I thought it was a RAVE issue, so I bought all new plastic parts, new springs, etc, and even replaced one of the valves. When I floor the accelerator, I want it to shoot up to redline (6500 or 7000 rpm). But sometimes, maybe 2 out of 3 times, it will only go to around 5000 for about 10 seconds and then shoots up to 6500.

I wanted to try to ski behind it today, but if it does this, I will never get out of the water.

This is on the 97 Challenger 787 Rotax. It has done it since I got it, but seems to be doing it worse now. Used to only do it once or twice a day.

Spark plugs were new, just put in before we hit the water today.

If water regulator is not working properly sometimes it could be flooding the pipe with water and not alowing it to hit higher rpms. Could be a soft hose that got hot and is coming apart on the inside or maybe a fuel issue. there seems to be many could be's. :cheers:

If it is water regulator...

Isn't that the RAVE valve looking thing at the back of the muffler?

How do I determine if it is flowing correctly or not?

I assume it is adjusted by screwing in the red screw, but I hear it is VERY sensitive to adjustments and can damage the engine if incorrect.

If it is a fuel issue or hose issue, wouldn't it be happening all the time?

If it is water regulator...

Isn't that the RAVE valve looking thing at the back of the muffler?

How do I determine if it is flowing correctly or not?

I assume it is adjusted by screwing in the red screw, but I hear it is VERY sensitive to adjustments and can damage the engine if incorrect.

If it is a fuel issue or hose issue, wouldn't it be happening all the time?
This info I gave you came from the most knowlegeable seadoo mechanic I know. This info was was read from one of his post. I do not know much about testing. I believe that it may be missing up intermetingly which to me I would think that it would not be a adjustment but may be bad. As you know I am no pro so good luck. ps by the way I do not know for sure that this is your problem. but after cleaning rave valves I believe this is the next thing to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back