2002 4tec 155 only 6500RPM and 42MPH

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I recently purchased a 2002 GTX 4tec 155 with 70HRS.
It has never went over 42 mph or turned more than 6500 rpm.
From floating, it will hit 7500 rpm for a second and as soon as it's on plane it will not do over 6500 rpm.
Have not been able to pull a code. Always just says end.
170 psi compression in all cylinders with a few revolutions. Pull level in center of marks. New plugs.
Always makes two beeps when dess is connected but then continues to repeat the "beep beep" every three seconds when dess is on post and engine is off.
Today check engine came on the cluster and rpm was limited to 5000. Put it in the lift and still just end when I try to pull codes

No. No one in here had any advice. Called a dealer but they were over a month out and you can't schedule an appt. Your boat had to be there to even get on their schedule. Tried two online mechanics but they had no advice other than start at the beginning. Check plugs, check oil level, etc. They said there could be codes that can only be pulled with a scan tool. I hoped it was something others had experienced and could say "it's this". I'll take it to the dealer after summer and see what they say.

You have to press set 5 times while the check engine is on and happening. If you shut it off, the codes will be lost.

Back