Fuel Consumption 2020+ GTI 130?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Onestopjosh

I am tossed up between ordering a GTI 90 or a GTI 130. I'm not as concerned with going fast as I am with fuel economy. There are multiple sources that say the GTI 90 gets 2.5gph at wide open throttle, but there is hardly any info out on the new GTI 130's with the 1630cc motor. I have heard it is supposed to be a lot more fuel efficient than the older 1494cc motors. I understand there are a lot of factors that go into fuel consumption, but any feedback on the new 1630 motors and gallons per hour would be appreciated. I have to haul my gas to my boat and pwc in 5gal cans, and that is a huge factor. Also has anybody pulled tubes with a GTI 90, and how did it do? It is just my daughters that weigh 100lbs and less, but any feedback there would be appreciated as well. Thanks

I have a 2021 GTI 130 and a 2018 GTI 90. The 90 does much better on fuel. If top speed isn't a concern, I think the 90 is a great machine. It can pull a tube fine (particularly with only the driver on the ski), particularly a smaller person like your daughter. If you ever think you will want more power though, go with the 130. I ended up tuning mine to 170 for even more power, but that is just me. If you are a cruiser the 90 is great!

If you go eco mode in good condition, 160km per full tank is doable on either 130/170 (same engine, just different tuning). I would go 130 knowing if I need more power, just a tune would do. 90hp unit can only go up to 110hp tune and I believe that's pushing the engine limit. You can push 130 to 180hp with stage 1 tune but for long term reliability, just stick to 170hp tune.

Also, if you get GTI 130, get the SE version with iBR. It's very useful to be able to reverse out from the trailer.

I have the 170 GTI SE 2020 and soon I will get My pre ordered 2022 GTI SE 170. Fuel consumption has never been a problem.

Onestopjosh, on a recent run with the 170 and the 90, when my 170 gave me the low fuel warning beep the 90 still had 3/8 of the tank left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back