Cheap Tunes?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
After doing a lot of research I am getting black and white results... I have a 2020 GTI 130 and was looking to tune it up to 170 to get a better 0-50 time and also to get top speed up just a notch. I have seen one thread where someone says I can spend $300, hook up a piece of hardware and simply put the tune on my ski. I have also heard that this may be too good to be true and that the ECU is not the thing holding this machine back. Just wanted to get some more final thoughts before I spent any money. Thanks!

Yes, from what I understand, there are dealer mechanics who can do it for you on the side. From what I read, your 130 (same as I have) is a detuned (software) 170 engine. There are several DIY kits you can buy/rent to flash your board, and approx $300 sounds right. Not sure if all of them remove the top speed limiter, which is not necessarily tied to the 130 vs 170hp. Personally, I haven't done this, as I find the 130 is plenty of power to pull the kids around on a 3-person tube. But I'm sure one of the kids will figure this out one day ...

Back