Four beeps and sensor error

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

2010 Speedster 155 HP, 133 hrs. When I put the key on the DESS I get one long beep then screen shows MAINT then SENSOR then I get four short beeps. I recently ingested some rocks/pebbles and rebuilt the pump, maybe at that time a sensor got damaged ? The boat is running well, even faster than before the pump rebuild. I am guessing one of the sensors is out of wack. Short of hooking it up to a Candoo. Any suggestions. I guess there are not too many sensors on the engine, I might be able to trouble shoot one at a time ? Thanks

There are no sensors in the pump that I am aware of. If it keeps doing it each time, it means that the sensor problem is present.

I bought the Candoo for this exact reason as the local BRP dealer here can't service boats, I would have to drive 1.5 hours each way.

I am considering buying a Candoo, but why the four beeps, maybe that is a clue to the Sensor problem ? Anybody know why a 2010 Speedster would beep four times ? I notice that the depth finder sometimes jumps around in terms of depth readings but I also have an in hull fish finder that gives me more consistent depth readings so I could live without the Sea Doo depth finder. I am hoping the Sensor issue is just the depth finder. Was out on Lake Ontario yesterday, water was a bit choppy but another great boating day.

rig.JPG

If you get a service manual it gives you the method and the specs to test your sensors, also it's handy for everything else on your boat.

The sensor error is the depth sensor especially if you are starting it out of water. Four beeps means key is on the DESS post but the engine is not running. I like my Candoo scanner because of the forum they offer when you buy one.

If you get a service manual it gives you the method and the specs to test your sensors, also it's handy for everything else on your boat.
Thanks, I do have the shop manual but did not help me much on this topic.

The sensor error is the depth sensor especially if you are starting it out of water. Four beeps means key is on the DESS post but the engine is not running. I like my Candoo scanner because of the forum they offer when you buy one.
That makes sense, thanks, I will double check , it could be I only get the sensor error while on land. I also get the four beeps when the engine has not been started yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back