Flywheel bolts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanix

Premium Member
Premium Member
What is the new procedure for replacing flywheel bolts?
Torque values?
Locktites ?

Just done my 2008 215 RXT. bought from Jerry the Riva fly wheel bolts. Torqued 35 pounds per the documentation they came w it. I used RED loctite.

Just done my 2008 215 RXT. bought from Jerry the Riva fly wheel bolts. Torqued 35 pounds per the documentation they came w it. I used RED loctite.

Thanks.

What about oem bolts vs riva ?

Im rebuilding an engine and i thought these were stretch bolts which is why im replacing them. But what was causing them to come loose on other machines ?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest my buddy told me to change them because they had issues with them breaking. So just cheap insurance for me for putting new ones in. And like I said I was just changing the stator but he said for me to go ahead and change them.

The revised OEM bolts are stretch bolts torqued to 11 ft-lbs and 50 degrees. They come with pink scotch grip on them so no additional loctite. There are better bolts out there as mentioned above(Riva and ARP) but I've never had an issue with the new OEM bolts for stock applications.

The revised OEM bolts are stretch bolts torqued to 11 ft-lbs and 50 degrees. They come with pink scotch grip on them so no additional loctite. There are better bolts out there as mentioned above(Riva and ARP) but I've never had an issue with the new OEM bolts for stock applications.

Are all new oem bolts replaced with this type or do I have to ask for something specific.
This is a stock build. Well my first 4 tec build, Just trying to learn faster than I go :)

What was the issue? Were they shearing? Backing out?

From what I was able to find. Stock bolts back out and can sheer once they are loose enough to bang around. Not sure why, possibly not strong enough or lack of proper locktite.

Also sustained high rpm >8500 causes them to back out quicker.

I'm rebuilding an engine with a snapped timing chain and the mag had to come off that's when i started to hear about the mag bolts snapping.

Well, I'm 90% done, Just have to torque and 50 deg the bolts.

Just need a pto tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back