Florida ride ....Oct 2nd,3rd, 5th, 6th on any of those

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Seadoobuddy

Premium Member
Premium Member
We have made plans & booked the tickets to come down in early October. Arriving on the 1st in mid morning and I'm leaving in the early morning of the 8th to return to work that day. The 4th is out as we will be celebrating our 5th anniversary that day/night :).

I would love a river ride with lots of scenery, twists and turns and a couple stopping points(depending on the length of the ride), lunch too??.
starting point close to Bradenton/Sarasota area if possible but can drive 30-60 minutes no problem.

Anyone have any ideas and want to get together. I'm open to any suggestions.

I would love to join one of these rides. Just hard to do so from Ohio.

Maybe I can plan a vacation around doing so in the future.

this should probably get moved to the Florida Doo-er section..

mods ????

i'm interested, should at least have 1 running ski at that point :) and i'm willing to tow an hour or two...

if you can organize a bradenton river run i'm cool with that

And I'll always preach the peace river as an option as well, but a longer drive for some folks, (including me) two spots that I like... that I only get to about twice a year...

2505 Flanders St, Arcadia, FL 34266 1/2 mile from this address,

1/2 mile west of that location down wells Ave. again the ramp itself really doesn't have a good address, US 17 and google maps don't get along..but that's arcadia for you, a little backwoods :)

This spot will offer you 30 miles in either direction of nice scenic river rides.... no true "hard core twisty's" so it won't be too challenging for a novice, but challenging enough for an experienced rider to enjoy themselves. you could do a south run, return and top off, then do a north run and return for the day. assuming water levels are good and they should be. only downside is canoes north of this ramp, you'll have a few spots where you have to idle past 20 canoe's...

2060 NE Brownville St arcadia fl (brownville park) another nice spot. the south run offer's lazy twisties, just fine for a group of 6+ riding easy... the north run get's very challenging about 8 miles or so up.. excellent for experienced riders and a group of say 6 or less, riding hard.

the Bradenton River, I did try that once, and i'll try it again, but last time it didn't go that well..the host showed up w/o a ski, so we had no guide. 3 of our 6 ski's had one issue or another, just didn't go well.

if you click those two addresses, change to satellite view and follow the river you'll get an idea of the potential. especially if you follow from the brownville ramp about 8 miles north, you'll see the twisties begin after the two straight stretches... much fun... and we could organize two groups for the twisty run,,, the 50mph white knuckle group, and the 30mph pontoon group :) the first group can make the run then take a nap while waiting for group 2 to catch up :)

related note:
I'm looking to organize a small Orlando Area Run near Winter Garden... Just south of Lake Apopka, on November 2nd or 3rd... I'm heading up to there for a golf weekend but I don't golf ! don't ask.. but a bunch of family members are coming down... and either that Saturday or Sunday i'd like to sneak away for 4 hours and hit the water :) and the other day the other non golfers in my group will probably rent a boat and drink/fish.

Sunday the 6th might be the better day for me, but still open.

The first one on Flanders ST is this image. Any where we are able to stop and eat on this river.......or even near the ramp?
About 40 miles away from me. I can travel this far.

http://mapq.st/12sNugM

<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=1ccgPOd" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

The second one seems to be the same river just about 12-15 miles or so more North then the first address. ***Same question as above****OK it seems to be wilderness on the Peace River. So I guess it brown bag it for lunch?????

http://mapq.st/1bvpmOC

<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=17Lfxqa" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Does anyone other than Spim know these ramps and river rides. Either one sounds good to me.

Bradenton River sounds good too....real close to me....but further away from Spim in Ft. Meyers.

this should probably get moved to the Florida Doo-er section..

mods ????

I think by it being here it will give others not from FL the opportunity in the event someone can actually make the trip..

I will make a copy of the post and direct FL Forum to this location...

Thanks..

Here is the last 3 posts from me in the same thread but in the off topic section.

Braden river ride on Sunday Oct 6th.

OK here is an idea.

We meet at the Braden River Ramp at 3020 Manatee Ave East at 10AM or maybe 9:30AM (SR64 about 3 miles West of I-75)

Ride south to Ward Lake and Ward Dam...continue South to Linger Lodge Restaurant & Campground, 85th Street Court East, Bradenton, FL maybe for lunch.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=3...ra=ls&t=m&z=14

Here is the link to Lingers lodge/campground.

Full menu for your choosing.

http://www.lingerlodgeresort.com/restaurant-menus.asp

I called Linger Lodge.....941-755-2757
They have plenty of boat docks for us to tie up to. No beach. The have only 2 outside tables but they have a outside screened area for us to eat inside without bugs. Being there with swim suit or wetsuits on is no problem according to them.
I'll need to call ahead so they can set up the appropriate number of tables. So I need a head count by Oct 5th

The above ride is cancelled due to a damn dam just before Lake Ward.:)

This is the new location for the ride on Sunday Oct. 6th, 2013.
Meet at the ramp at 10am

Peace River
Harbor Heights Boat Ramp
27420 Voyageur Drive, Punta Gorda, FL

Off Exit 167 on I-75 then go East a few miles.

About 57 miles south of me and about 25 or so North of Spim. Looks like a great ride.
Spim, anywhere to stop and eat lunch???? closest gas station???
Anyone is welcome.

Back