Florida ride ....Oct 2nd,3rd, 5th, 6th on any of those days.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
This is the new location for the ride on Sunday Oct. 6th, 2013.
Meet at the ramp at 10am

Harbor Heights Boat Ramp
27420 Voyageur Drive, Punta Gorda, FL

Off Exit 167 on I-75 then go East a few miles.

About 57 miles south of me and about 25 or so North of Spim. Looks like a great ride.
Spim, anywhere to stop and eat lunch???? closest gas station???
Anyone is welcome.

I'll be there !

its east like 1 miles.. very close to interstate.

and yes.. Nav-a-gator has a great waterfront restaurant, marina about 4 miles from the ramp, generally plenty of slips so its easy to just boat right in and tie off. Its good food (nothing spectacular) but a little pricey, most lunches run about $10+ and portions are huge.

Bring Quarters for the ramp!,, its a pay by the hour meter (75cents an hour) and the debit/dollar option is always non functional, so I just grab a handful of quarters ...

Gas station's along the interstate but not at that exit, and the marina has gas but i'm not sure if they carry 93', i generally pack 10 gallons of spare fuel if I plan on making two long runs. If you have at least a 12 gallon tank you can make the run from Punta Gorda to Arcadia and back with no problems, then we can top off back at the ramp, and if weather/chop permits, head out into the harbor for a spell, or do the run a 2nd time, just a little faster :)

10am launch means 10am LAUNCH.... get there by 9:45, no pulling into the parking lot at 10:05 and needing 10 minutes to get your act together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there !

its east like 1 miles.. very close to interstate.

and yes.. Nav-a-gator has a great waterfront restaurant, marina about 4 miles from the ramp, generally plenty of slips so its easy to just boat right in and tie off. Its good food (nothing spectacular) but a little pricey, most lunches run about $10+ and portions are huge.

Bring Quarters for the ramp!,, its a pay by the hour meter (75cents an hour) and the debit/dollar option is always non functional, so I just grab a handful of quarters ...

Gas station's along the interstate but not at that exit, and the marina has gas but i'm not sure if they carry 93', i generally pack 10 gallons of spare fuel if I plan on making two long runs. If you have at least a 12 gallon tank you can make the run from Punta Gorda to Arcadia and back with no problems, then we can top off back at the ramp, and if weather/chop permits, head out into the harbor for a spell, or do the run a 2nd time, just a little faster :)

10am launch means 10am LAUNCH.... get there by 9:45, no pulling into the parking lot at 10:05 and needing 10 minutes to get your act together.

OK. Launch at 10 AM.
Ramp meter....is this for parking or just for the launch time?
6-8 guys probably can't launch all in 15 minutes so plan your time accordingly.
It's an hour from me so I'll leave at 8:30am.

According to the satellite view ...where is the ramp...that little clearing to the north of the building?

Ahhh, i was looking at the wrong building....thought it was the brown one at the lower right but that's a house.....I see the ramp now....up harbor Rd. :)

I have a 15 gallon tank.....barely used half of it last time with JSJ for a 52 mile ride on Manatee and Braden rivers.

Invite Chuck i would like to meet him finally.

Just bumping this ride, everyone should be home now after the Labor day Holiday.

All are welcome to ride.

Does anyone know of a "carrier" that would fit on the back of a 99 GSX....cheaper the better.

not cheap carriers, you can make one quite reasonable out of 1" pvc, I want to build one that will hold two race can's in the back, but not sure if i'll ever get around to it. there is a guy making custom ones on ebay for like $59 + shipping, so i'm guessing your looking at around $110ish.

Just bumping this thread.
We still have room for more riders.
Just post up if you're interested in going.
I'm coming from Bradenton, if any one North of me want to meet and "convoy together" just message me.

Just bumping the thread.

Only 10 more days, weather is looking for the ride.

Anyone else interested?

sounds good for me, just gotta figure out how to tie onto those dam posts w/o my ski touching them :)
unless we hit at high tide

How about this: http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...ate-Single-Flat-Rafting-Fender&i=87171&r=view
Tie them to the grab handle if you have to, then hang sideways to use them. Would you have a tide change there, would think that the water level is steady there, unless a lot of rain raises it. I get creative at times like this. You might even be able to store in the front compartment, unless you have it full already. Just a thought. I would like to join you there but will not be able to, got a party to go to on the night of the 5th, local people having a gathering on a corner lot, trip like this would be nice.

How about this: http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...ate-Single-Flat-Rafting-Fender&i=87171&r=view
Tie them to the grab handle if you have to, then hang sideways to use them. Would you have a tide change there, would think that the water level is steady there, unless a lot of rain raises it. I get creative at times like this. You might even be able to store in the front compartment, unless you have it full already. Just a thought. I would like to join you there but will not be able to, got a party to go to on the night of the 5th, local people having a gathering on a corner lot, trip like this would be nice.

unfortunately the space inside my storage bin is very limited, i've explored this idea but I barely have room for a tow rope, flip flops some basic tools and two bottles of water.

Ok, I had to go look up the size difference, I have 95 & 96 GTX, my 95 has 19" inches on your XP, I can see where there would be a lot less space. Well I thought I had a good idea when I suggested the fenders. :facepalm:

Ok, I had to go look up the size difference, I have 95 & 96 GTX, my 95 has 19" inches on your XP, I can see where there would be a lot less space. Well I thought I had a good idea when I suggested the fenders. :facepalm:

ya, with the GTX you can hide bodies in there !

quick update on Florida Rides coming up next 4 sundays
9/29 peace river
10/6 peace river
10/13 Kissimmee River
10/20 tenatively Miami
11/2 (saturday) Winter Garden

Chase is not coming, he is in process of selling his ski (no fun any more, he said)

Does anyone want to meet up along I-75 and drive in a "convoy" style.....all we need now are CB radios. :) OK I guess cell phones will be Ok too :)

Here are some pics of the ride. We stopped once at a beach and another time by a bridge but we stayed running to regroup. then we stopped for lunch...or least most of us did...some went back to the ramp.

#1.jpg....#2.jpg....#3.jpg....#4.jpg....#5.jpg

2 more....

The first is at the Nav-a-gator to eat, the second is Jim K on his GTX...

Lunch at the nav-a-gator.jpg one of 2 tables.....Jim K on his GTX.jpg

Back