Florida Classifieds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

White top / yellow bottom xp is a 95 with 717.
Looked just like mine.

1997 Seadoo XP - $2000 (casselberry)

00M0M_9kFfAaTWgoR_600x450.jpg

1997 Seadoo XP

- 760 cc

- 52 MPH

- fresh water onl

- clean and in excellent condition

- comes with trailer

$2,000.00

Confusing could be a 97 spx bc it's got black rub rails but this also has yellow vents? I see purple on the nose and maybe turf so I'm voting 95 also

Last edited by a moderator:
97 spx had the same color combo. But. The mats are the give away. The 97 only had the rear wings, where the 95 had the full compliment of mats. Those mats kinda look purple but definitely look like bacon, and that's what the OEM mats look like. Funny how he picked in between both speed and cc's.

Honestly, just ask for more pics specifically the engine.

Edit: look at the front nose bumper, you can see the black paint rubbing off exposing the purple. It's a 95.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

That's not his ski he does not even "own" it and really has no legal right to sell it to anyone. This ad is a warning to everyone selling a ski to GET THE TITLE OUT OF YOUR NAME. Otherwise it could be like this where people are out there using it year after year in YOUR name.

curious, how do you address the situation where the buyer just wants you to sign the title, and doesn't want to sign it in front of you ? Many times the situation is reversed where I am the buyer and I prefer the title to be "open" since I don't plan on keeping it for personal use, 9/10 times the seller doesn't seem to care (and 9/10 times the buyer doesn't care as long as the HIN's match and its signed. I only had one seller that basically said "you sign the title here in front of me or you can have your cash back" I didn't argue.

I have only once had a situation where when I received my renewal notices for cars/trailers/ski's in the mail and one of the renewals were on a sold item (in this case it was a trailer) and I just told the attendant at the tag office that I sold that particular one and gave them an approximate date. I have never had a ski that I owned and sold in the previous year still be on the list at renewal time.

Also curious in the example listed in that ad, does the dude just go down to the tag office with a REG number and say that he lost his renewal and wants to pay it ? If your not the same person as the name on the registration I'm sure some questions would be raised, although i'm not sure if the tag office cares or not to be honest, i've never tried to pay somebody else's renewal.

when i sold my 3 skis at the same time, about 6 months later, the registration came to my house for renewal, i was like shit, i'm never doing that again, but this year, it didn't, so i trust it's taken care of.

when i just registered my wife's car, maybe because i had the slip, but they didn't care who i was? many many years ago, when my sister gave me her car, it was still registered to her husband, we never had a problem reregistering it without him, however, we did have the renewal form....

skis i'm less worried about, but for cars, i like to meet them at DMV and have them transfer in front of me

oh and in no way am i condoning reregistering in someone else's name, just nowadays, buying a ski (as long as due diligence has done it's not stolen) i'm not opposed to buying one without title (for private lake rides only of course :coolgleam:)

curious, how do you address the situation where the buyer just wants you to sign the title, and doesn't want to sign it in front of you ? Many times the situation is reversed where I am the buyer and I prefer the title to be "open" since I don't plan on keeping it for personal use, 9/10 times the seller doesn't seem to care (and 9/10 times the buyer doesn't care as long as the HIN's match and its signed. I only had one seller that basically said "you sign the title here in front of me or you can have your cash back" I didn't argue.

I have only once had a situation where when I received my renewal notices for cars/trailers/ski's in the mail and one of the renewals were on a sold item (in this case it was a trailer) and I just told the attendant at the tag office that I sold that particular one and gave them an approximate date. I have never had a ski that I owned and sold in the previous year still be on the list at renewal time.

Also curious in the example listed in that ad, does the dude just go down to the tag office with a REG number and say that he lost his renewal and wants to pay it ? If your not the same person as the name on the registration I'm sure some questions would be raised, although I'm not sure if the tag office cares or not to be honest, I've never tried to pay somebody elses renewal.

when I bought my 99GSXL in FL. (Which Spim went and got for me) I believe the guy had the reg and not the title or maybe vice versa....I can't remember ...3-4 yrs ago. But anyways when I went to title it in my name something was wrong (I think the DMV couldn't find it listed in his name) and I had to get the seller under a notary to say he bought it used. (the owner before him worked at an airlines & was transferred out of state). Plus I had to get the trailer weighed. But all is well now.

Spimothy Leary;461186]curious, how do you address the situation where the buyer just wants you to sign the title, and doesn't want to sign it in front of you ?

My advice is don't sell it to them unless they sign it in front of you. I've gone a step further and taken a picture of it signed. Also, I don't know about other states, but in Florida there is a form you fill out and send in to the state and the state literally takes it out of your name. Doing either of these things should absolve you from future liability, but I just go a bit further.

Also curious in the example listed in that ad, does the dude just go down to the tag office with a REG number and say that he lost his renewal and wants to pay it ? If your not the same person as the name on the registration I'm sure some questions would be raised, although i'm not sure if the tag office cares or not to be honest, i've never tried to pay somebody else's renewal.

Absolutely! Anybody can go down to the tax collectors office pay somebody else's taxes and get a new sticker right there on the spot. Again, I don't know about other states, but that's how it is in Florida.

Spimothy Leary;461186]curious, how do you address the situation where the buyer just wants you to sign the title, and doesn't want to sign it in front of you ?

My advice is don't sell it to them unless they sign it in front of you. I've gone a step further and taken a picture of it signed. Also, I don't know about other states, but in Florida there is a form you fill out and send in to the state and the state literally takes it out of your name. Doing either of these things should absolve you from future liability, but I just go a bit further.

Absolutely! Anybody can go down to the tax collectors office pay somebody else's taxes and get a new sticker right there on the spot. Again, I don't know about other states, but that's how it is in Florida.

I'll respond in reverse order.
Tag office: Interesting, I didn't realize that we were that liberal in our compliance when it comes to what I would consider basic fact checking, but maybe legally speaking they just can't do anything about it.

Selling Ski's: Your most definitely taking it to the next level, perhaps i'm too Niave in thinking that somebody that hands me a stack of Benjamins for a PWC would want to actually transfer ownership of said item into their name. If they don't do it immediately, then certainly by the Tag renewal date at the very latest. The last personal ski I sold was for quite a bit of money, I can't imagine the buyer deliberately delaying a trip to the Tag office to save what I consider to be a minimal amount of money: $75ish... for title transfer and registration. I really just tend to wash my hands of the whole thing about 10 minutes after the trailer heads down the street. Honestly the ONLY thing I save is a copy of the bill of sale (I print two) but that BOS really doesn't' have much more than an illegible signature on it, the HIN and the date, not sure how much good it will do in a liability situation, assuming that's your primary concern. I have maybe 8-10 of those pieces of paper in a file folder in my desk drawer from the last 3 years of transactions.

Spim I just check the hull #'s and try to encourage the seller to keep it open. Many time they ask me what to do and that's nice because I can say "just sign here as your name is written on the title and print here). It's easier when I quickly explain who I am and what I do. I'll tell them I want to save the ski and get it to the right person. If there is not a legal path to do that then they have to price it as parts or miss my cash.

I do put a lot of them in my name. Surprisingly there seems to be no limit or penalty. I tend to buy them broke so the low price does not add up to much tax. I have not been diligent over the years about getting them out of my name so it makes me nervous thinking about all that potential liability hanging out there. They say they are gonna go to the tag office but.?... Luckily I can do the title without registering them so the next owner is not tempted by a valid sticker.

hmmm, if registered, removing the sticker isn't a bad preemptive move, good thinking.

As I stated above most sellers I deal with really couldn't care less, i've only had one that insisted that I sign it right in front of her and if I remember right she was so insistent because her brother or somebody told her that its critical.

anyways.... back on track...

Not in my area, closer to Daytona I guess...

http://treasure.craigslist.org/snw/4984945291.html

$25 for seadoo saddlebags....

00z0z_6L9yLcH3Uks_600x450.jpg

and Backpack update.... picked it up, like new condition, shipped over to OCOD, (almost cost more to ship than the item itself) another smooth Florida Classifieds transaction.

hmmm, if registered, removing the sticker isn't a bad preemptive move, good thinking.

As I stated above most sellers I deal with really couldn't care less, i've only had one that insisted that I sign it right in front of her and if I remember right she was so insistent because her brother or somebody told her that its critical.

anyways.... back on track...

Not in my area, closer to Daytona I guess...

http://treasure.craigslist.org/snw/4984945291.html

$25 for seadoo saddlebags....

and Backpack update.... picked it up, like new condition, shipped over to OCOD, (almost cost more to ship than the item itself) another smooth Florida Classifieds transaction.

For sure!
Looks amazing!
Thanks again

Oscar, did you buy these saddle bags or did Tim ship you another item (Backback???)

***EDIT***
never mind he answered me back on email. I lost a lot of my contacts on my phone when I updated to 21st century with a smart phone finally.

You can go online to your states respective dmv site and punch in your info and it'll tell you what's still in your name. I've got a few skis still listed under me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back