first ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

2000redss

I just got my 04 GTX Limited last week. I noticed that when I plug the key in the dash says Maint and then it goes away. I guess I'm wondering if thats normal or if I have an issue.

Normal, just like a car dash...all lights come on then go off.

worry only if one or more stay on or a warning beeper goes off.

Where should my top speed be? Its the 185 hp s/c. The lake was kind of choppy today and I only got up to about 56 before I had to let off. I thought I would get into the 60's fairly quick.

According to seadoosource.com/fueleconomy it should top out at 62MPH.
This is a great reference chart, has weight, HP, that ratio, top speed, fuel economy, cost of fuel, etc

i have the same ski and can get mine up to 68 with rpms at 7850, i just rebuilt my sc 2 weeks ago, when i pulled apart ceramic washer was broken and fell out. ski has 280 hrs. I just bought mine like 3 months ago. that speed is off the dashboard not a actual gps unit . so it might actualy be a bit slower. i was just lucky that it did not do any damage to the engine. i replaced it just on knowing it had never been done.

Now I'm about ready to leave this morning for the lake and I see when I put the key on it beeps and flashes the word sensor and then the word maint and both go away. The Red light is NOT on. I hope this is normal as well, but I'm thinking no?

Do you have a depth finder? If so then that is why it flashes "sensor". It's because it is on the trailer and not in the water. :cheers:

The "MAINT" flashing is telling you that the maintenance timer has expired and not been reset by your dealer ($30-50). Its the same thing as the oil timer on your car reminding you its time to change your oil. If you change it yourself then you will always have "MAINT" show up when first connecting the lanyard. I'm not about to pay someone just to clear this message. I might however splurge for a Candoo, if I can get my wife to approve :thumbsup:

hmm...I had mine out yesterday morning on the water when it was like glass and topped out at 59mph with my wife. Mine only has about 62 hours and I'm pretty sure the S/C has not been rebuilt, it's on the spring agenda.

It's not normal. I just purchased a candoo scanner (candoopro.com). It's awesome, and allows you to connect your computer to your ski. You can program keys, look up faults, reset maintenance reminders, monitor the engine in real time, activate/deactivate components, reset the TPS, relieve fuel rail pressure, and a bunch of other things. You probably have faults stored in the ECU; get the Candoo and find out. It will pay for itself quickly!
I just got my 04 GTX Limited last week. I noticed that when I plug the key in the dash says Maint and then it goes away. I guess I'm wondering if thats normal or if I have an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back