First morning on my 2011 GTX iS 260 Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The strange startup instructions are correct. I experienced radical changes in speed controlled by the jet ski's computer for the first 5 hours. After the first five hours up to the present 40 hours all has been fine fine and normal as expected. I have the same model.

That will be a pain in the butt at times. Maybe they will reprogram one day to fix this. I do a good bit of wildlife photograhy and start and stop the ski and this procedure will not be fun. Guess I will get used to it just as soon as my face stops cramping from my wide smile everytime I pull the trigger/throttle!

Don't be afraid to pull the brake at any speed.

If you do pull it at high speeds, you will have to release it after a few seconds, otherwise you will submarine your front end. You will quickly get a feel for it.

Although, you can do that just for fun if you want :)

LOL! I think I will pull the brake at a slower speed at first and work up to submarining the ski. I did that one day jumping over a tug wake on the Aquatrax! It was Febuary and it was a long cold ride back to the ramp! LOL!

Thanks I will. The handling will take a little getting used to as the iS system elevates the rider changing the handling but the iS ride is priceless!

Hard to get all of the water out of the lower exterior hull at the upper hull covers it.

What I like least is the way the hull make engine access so hard. You can only get to the top of the engine and there is not even room for me to get my arm with a can of fogging oil where I need to get it.

How in the hell do they get access to service the engine?

All systems seemed to work perfectly except the engine water temp gauge. It would go from 48 to 148 to 348 degrees F. It was all over the place and I will have them look at it at the 10 hour service.

That is probably your compass and not the water temperature gauge.

They remove the whole upper protion, seat area etc. I do agree motor compart is crazy but I guess that's the only way.

Once you wake the ski up, then put the lanyard on, you do not have to repeat the process to start/stop the engine. Just the initial time you attach the lanyard. Occasionally you may need to if you sit for an extended period of time.

Please be sure to check to see if your PWC is part of SEA DOO'S timing chain recall involving the 2011 models.

Good thing you have a warranty! My advice is to sell the PWC the minute the warranty expires.

Good Luck.

Please be sure to check to see if your PWC is part of SEA DOO'S timing chain recall involving the 2011 models.

Good thing you have a warranty! My advice is to sell the PWC the minute the warranty expires.

Good Luck.

I bought the additional Sea-Doo extended warranty for 4 or 5 years and have no intentions in keeping it longer than the warranty.

I went to the recall site and it says 2011 GTX iS Limited with the id of "18BA or 18BB" are included. Where would I find this number on my bike? It is not in the serial number on the plate on the back of the ski.

Anyone know?

Not sure. I wonder if it is part of the engine number that is found on the front of the engine.

Not sure. I wonder if it is part of the engine number that is found on the front of the engine.

I will have to look in the documentation as you can only see a small part of the top of the engine on a GTX Limited due to the iS system. I will look through the large package of documents to see if the engine serial is located there.

It would really piss me off to find out that they sold me a Doo that needed a major recall with out telling me. Sea-Doo should have done this to the engine before ever selling it. Hopefully mine will not be included but after the delivery I have had . . . .

Look at the bottom of the pdf that was posted, it has model vs. Serial numbers listed there.

It looks like mine was built way after the recalled units:

The recall covers:
Model: 18BA
From 001458 to 001484
From 001492 to 001498
From 001503 to 001576
From 002081 to 002088

My GTX Hull ID is 00267A111 model 18BA

I might have lucked out here!

Good Luck.

I thank you for the advice and have found that mine is not included in the recall. I went back and read all of your previous posts and am sorry about what happened between you and SeaDoo. It sucks but sooner or later you got to move on.

It's really hard to move on when you suffer a $3,000.00 loss. It seems no matter how I sell it, fix it, or part it out, I'm going to suffer a $3,000.00 loss.

But I'm glad that your PWC is not part of the recall, and that you have the wisdom to get rid of the SEA DOO when the warranty expires.

It's really hard to move on when you suffer a $3,000.00 loss. It seems no matter how I sell it, fix it, or part it out, I'm going to suffer a $3,000.00 loss.

But I'm glad that your PWC is not part of the recall, and that you have the wisdom to get rid of the SEA DOO when the warranty expires.

I agree and it would not be easy but you will simply make yourself miserable if you can not move on sooner or later.

This is all just part of life and how YOU choose to live it!

Actually, responding to everyone's comments, and hoping that someone reads my responses and refrains from purchasing a SEA DOO PWC, is kind of fun. It helps me to relieve my frustrations. It's my catharsis. My comments certainly seem to increase some other people's frustrations, though.

It's like I said on my thread; If I had read my thread I probably would not have purchased a SEA DOO PWC. I am just trying to same some other poor soul(s) from the same frustration, agony, and bite to the wallet.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Actually, responding to everyone's comments, and hoping that someone reads my responses and refrains from purchasing a SEA DOO PWC, is kind of fun. It helps me to relieve my frustrations. It's my catharsis. My comments certainly seem to increase some other people's frustrations, though.

It's like I said on my thread; If I had read my thread I probably would not have purchased a SEA DOO PWC. I am just trying to same some other poor soul(s) from the same frustration, agony, and bite to the wallet.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Ah, a man with a cause! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back