First morning on my 2011 GTX iS 260 Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

greggebhardt

Long time Aquatrax user, have had two different models and never a hint of a problem in over 400 hours of use. I was talked out of buying another Honda as they are not really making them anymore and I was a little wary about their support at the dealer.

The last week I became the proud owner of a 2011 GTX 260 Limited from Jax Power Sports.:thumbsup: Could not believe the technology with lots of power and the promise of a softer ride with the seat suspension system. Got it home and got it all ready for my big first ride at dawn on Sunday morning.

I am guessing that "some" of you know where this is heading but let me go on.

Hitched the trailer to the SUV and backed the new ski down the ramp in my back yard, launched and hopped on and was ready for the time of my life! I have to idle about 7 minutes down Goodbys Creek before I get into the St. Johns River. Anyway idled about 5 minutes and all of a sudden the yellow maint light come on! Blipped the throttle the brand new ski is already in "limp mode"! Killed the engine and went through the start up routine and the maint light comes on right away and when the lanyard is inserted I only get a long single beep rather than the two proper short beeps. Lucky for me that it still started and ran in limp mode:rolleyes:

Limped back to my dock and put it back on the trailer.

Sometimes life is not fair!:banghead:

Thanks for reading and THANK YOU Jax Power Sports and SeaDoo!

to be continued

Agreed, that sucks. Unfortunatlly there are lemons or problems with any brand/model and 90% of the time you only hear about the problems. Who comes on a forum to tell how great everything is? Ok maybe in the performance section but like any forum most of it is about problems and trouble shooting.

Hopefully from now on it will be trouble free.

I bet nearly 90% of any new equipment, cars, trucks, lawnmowers, dirt bikes, pwc's etc... have a problem from the factory, and most are fixed before they are sold.

I bet nearly 90% of any new equipment, cars, trucks, lawnmowers, dirt bikes, pwc's etc... have a problem from the factory, and most are fixed before they are sold.

Some how I do not feel comforted. I am sure they will fix it but I will have to admit that it will take a long time to regain any confidence in this GTX.

My 2011 wake pro 215 had the exact same issue.... It turns out it the dealer didn't flash the ECU when the ski was purchased, which sets up the initial timing on the maintenance and essentially loads the ECU. A quick flash at the dealer and my ski has run great ever since! I sure was pissed though when my brand new 15000 investment didn't work on its first outing!

My 2011 wake pro 215 had the exact same issue.... It turns out it the dealer didn't flash the ECU when the ski was purchased, which sets up the initial timing on the maintenance and essentially loads the ECU. A quick flash at the dealer and my ski has run great ever since! I sure was pissed though when my brand new 15000 investment didn't work on its first outing!

That's nice to know. #1 they screwed up by not doing the flash wasting your time. #2 that they can flash it so at a given number of hours no matter how perfect things are working it will shut down so you have to bring it into the dealer. :(

Ill stick with my 2002 and 2001 I think for now.

I will say one thing, when I emailed both the manager and my salesperson on Sunday, I got a call and the salesperson actually came to my house. The manager told me over the phone that they had some problems and the ECU should have been flashed before delivery. They were going to re-flash ( I suspect flash for the first time) and drop my ski in the water tank to make SURE all is running good. They are going to pick it up form my house on Tuesday and re deliver to me when done. I also suspect the ECU was never flashed with newer software.

Not sure if it is normal but they tell me to hit the red button to wake it up and wait till it goes through the start up routine and THEN insert my lanyard key to start the ski. This does not sound right to me, sounds like they got a glitch!

I have to say Jax Power Sports they are trying!

You have to admint, that's not bad customer service. Like I said, there are problems with ever type of ski, car, anything manufactured but it's the customer service that keeps people going back. I have never heard of anyplace coming to pick it up and re deliver it. At this point I would not care if it never got flashed. Manufactures fault, not the dealers? but either way they are going above and beyond. Nost places would just say bring it in and I'm sure not call you back on a weekend.

I hope it all works out the first time and they get it back to you right away with no more problems.

Yes, if you read your owners manual, it will say to hit the red button to wake it up, then put the lanyard key on.

i purchased a 2011 rxt is 260. first time out..jetski started acting weird..lights came on and I limped in..called dealer and brought the boat to them that day and same problem..ECU wasnt flashed..10 mins later..all done

i purchased a 2011 rxt is 260. first time out..jetski started acting weird..lights came on and I limped in..called dealer and brought the boat to them that day and same problem..ECU wasnt flashed..10 mins later..all done

THANK YOU! For posting this. They will pick it up on Tuesday, flash the ECU and even drop it into their tank and run it to make sure.

I am hoping the EXACT same thing happens to me as I really love this machine. The brake/reverse lever makes this ski very capable in the marinas that I visit. Gosh I am looking forward to this weekend!

Thanks for posting your experience.

Sorry to hear your big first day out was ruined. I made sure the dealer did this to my ski before I picked it up. This has happened to many others on their first day out and it has almost always been because the dealer did not set it up properly.

Work the dealer for some free stuff since they ruined your day! Perhaps a free 10 hour service, free lifejacket, boardshorts...something!

Sorry to hear your big first day out was ruined. I made sure the dealer did this to my ski before I picked it up. This has happened to many others on their first day out and it has almost always been because the dealer did not set it up properly.

Work the dealer for some free stuff since they ruined your day! Perhaps a free 10 hour service, free lifejacket, boardshorts...something!

I wish I had known but assumed that they would do what needed to be done. According to the manager, when I talked to them on Sunday, he did admit that there were some problems requiring reprogramming. I guess they either forgot to do it or someone thought it was done when it was not! They did not have a GTX 260 in stock and had to go and pick it up. Maybe they though the people they picked it up from had done the flash. I would re flash to just make sure before I sent a new ski out the door.

I thank you, also, for the reply as it make me think that my new Sea-Doo will be OK after they flash it and I look forward to many hours of "trouble free" use afterwards.

I was so upset (pissed) when I found out this problem was caused by a lack of setup..Then I didn't say much to the dealer because I was so relieved I didn't get a lemon..Wait until you hit 10 hrs and a maintenance required light goes on...Breakin service is what this means..$250.00estimate..My Seadoo is at the dealer now and I am also having a depth finder installed approx $400.00..

I was so upset (pissed) when I found out this problem was caused by a lack of setup..Then I didn't say much to the dealer because I was so relieved I didn't get a lemon..Wait until you hit 10 hrs and a maintenance required light goes on...Breakin service is what this means..$250.00estimate..My Seadoo is at the dealer now and I am also having a depth finder installed approx $400.00..

Even though my dealer is picking up and re delivering my ski, I told them there was little they could say to make up for last Sunday. I know all about maint and it cost. I purchased a three year plan from them that includes ALL maint including the rebuilding the s-charger for just under $1500. Plus got the extended warranty. I own a rather large Grady fishing vessel and I know all to well what a marine vessel can do to your wallet. To tell you the truth, after putting $1900 of fuel in the Grady, the Sea-Doo is looking cheap!

Even though my dealer is picking up and re delivering my ski, I told them there was little they could say to make up for last Sunday. I know all about maint and it cost. I purchased a three year plan from them that includes ALL maint including the rebuilding the s-charger for just under $1500. Plus got the extended warranty. I own a rather large Grady fishing vessel and I know all to well what a marine vessel can do to your wallet. To tell you the truth, after putting $1900 of fuel in the Grady, the Sea-Doo is looking cheap!

LOL, I guess that does put things into perspective.
I agree, given more details and the other similar problems people have had it would be nice if they at least throw in a free 10hr checkup or whatever.

OK instead of dealer returning my new GTX 260 after 4pm today, they called and said they are having some problems with the instrument cluster and that they are going to have to replace it. The new cluster will be here on Thursday.

I am not so confident any more. If they can not get this thing working perfectly by this weekend, what are the chances of me getting them to take it back? Is there a lemon law for a jet ski?

sorry to hear the news..They are not going to like a unhappy customer...On whether they will take this back will depend on how long you have had it and how many hours are on it..(Long shot).....Try to get some freebies out of them and contact Seadoo about how unhappy you are...Good luck

sorry to hear the news..They are not going to like a unhappy customer...On whether they will take this back will depend on how long you have had it and how many hours are on it..(Long shot).....Try to get some freebies out of them and contact Seadoo about how unhappy you are...Good luck

It is new and only used it for 5 minutes at idle speed before it went into limp mode!

I just dont know whether they will take it back..I would try to get a lot of freebies and still contact Seadoo..I hope someone will jump in and give you a more precise answer...I know I would be there yelling in the showroom..Let every customer hear you and refuse to talk in private..This is hard because if the dealer is doing everything they can it's not there fault...You are in a tough spot.

http://www.dmvflorida.org/florida-lemon-laws.shtml

A friend of mine was in a similar situation but with a Kawasaki 260LX jetski, took it out the first time and it cavitated really bad....top speed was like 20mph, he took it back to the dealer and demanded his money back...he said he was there for a few hours talking to the sales rep, service rep. and store owner...they ended up giving him a 5 year extended warranty if he kept it and completely rebuilt/repaired everything that was wrong with it!! It's been running great now and has close to 70 hrs on it. If I were in your shoes I would give the dealer one option...give you an extended warranty otherwise you want your money back, tell them you don't have any confidence in the BRP product if this is the kind of problems your gonna have with not even 1 hour of use!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back