First morning on my 2011 GTX iS 260 Limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine was in a similar situation but with a Kawasaki 260LX jetski, took it out the first time and it cavitated really bad....top speed was like 20mph, he took it back to the dealer and demanded his money back...he said he was there for a few hours talking to the sales rep, service rep. and store owner...they ended up giving him a 5 year extended warranty if he kept it and completely rebuilt/repaired everything that was wrong with it!! It's been running great now and has close to 70 hrs on it. If I were in your shoes I would give the dealer one option...give you an extended warranty otherwise you want your money back, tell them you don't have any confidence in the BRP product if this is the kind of problems your gonna have with not even 1 hour of use!!

Unfortunately, I purchased the extended warranty AND service plan. I just want a working and dependable ski. If they can not provide by this Friday I will ask them to either get me a NEW unit or return my money.

Hey... Welcome to the form... I too live here in JAX. And have my work done at JAX power sports.. Ask for Derek.. He works on the skis and will not bs you around... Look me up as I fish off my ski about 90% of the time.. I'm in Nocatee but fish mayport also...

Slug-O

Hey... Welcome to the form... I too live here in JAX. And have my work done at JAX power sports.. Ask for Derek.. He works on the skis and will not bs you around... Look me up as I fish off my ski about 90% of the time.. I'm in Nocatee but fish mayport also...

Slug-O

Hey Slug-O,
I believe that my ski has the attention of the entire maint staff. They are now waiting on parts to arrive tomorrow, a new instrument cluster. Do not know what that all has to do about it but I can see me not having my Ski for another weekend. I am getting ready to email the salesperson and manager to tell them I want a new unit as I am not too keen on the extensive repairs being required just to trouble shoot on a brand new ski.

If you know Derek, hope you will call and put in a good word for me!

This was really not the happy experience that I was expecting.

i am in sales and ill tell you that if you go there and demand another ski most likely they will throw a bunch of freebies st you to get you to change your mind because it will cost them more to ship it back to seadoo for the problems and if there are no real problems then the dealership has to bite the bullet. Your best bet is to demand a new one you do have a grace period where we can (unwind ) a deal if need be it just is a terrible process so threaten them with that and youll get more than you want back from them especially if you didnt negotiaite with the price too much. Tell them you want free routine maintenance for as long as you own the ski and free winterization/summerization along with a free tuneup every spring and watch what they do

I'll call him tonight for you..., i would like to ride you ski as it might be something I would buy also..

Leon

I'll call him tonight for you..., i would like to ride you ski as it might be something I would buy also..

Leon

Sounds good, I ride out to Mayport all the time. Would love to meet up. Be glad to let you take it out if I can ever get it back!

I bought a 2009 and 2010 last year. Both new never titled. Like you, had an issue on my first run and it was a lack of setup issue as well.

Thing is,,, I live in Ohio and bought these from Michigan which was a 6.5 hour drive.

I called them and expressed how upset I was. In the end, a local dealer took care of it all and I got a free oil change and winterization at the end of the year.

Since then, all is well...

I bought a 2009 and 2010 last year. Both new never titled. Like you, had an issue on my first run and it was a lack of setup issue as well.

Thing is,,, I live in Ohio and bought these from Michigan which was a 6.5 hour drive.

I called them and expressed how upset I was. In the end, a local dealer took care of it all and I got a free oil change and winterization at the end of the year.

Since then, all is well...

I hope my nightmare turns out like your and is good in the end. My dealer kinda let it slip that they were not SURE what the problem is and is having a new instrument cluster overnighted. He indicated that some light/indicators were NOT lighting up when they should. It will arrive today and they promise the bike to be delivered back to me on Friday. I will be OK with that if the ski is still as new and runs perfectly. If they find that is not the problem and do not have it ready, I will go there and BLOW UP!

I all ready asked for a new unit if they do not get this one going by Friday and they told me that they did not have another. I looked him in the face and asked him if I wanted to buy another GTX260, would he not be able to get me one? He said nothing.

We will know tomorrow, then I got to get it out on the water to see if it is realy fixed.

I kind of doubt it is the cluster, hope I am wrong, but doubt it.

I would think that a new one is not out of line after a reasonable time line. And that time line should be a week or less if they cannot fix a NEW ski...

Good luck to you...

I kind of doubt it is the cluster, hope I am wrong, but doubt it.

I would think that a new one is not out of line after a reasonable time line. And that time line should be a week or less if they cannot fix a NEW ski...

Good luck to you...

I doubt it is the cluster, too. Just cause some of the indicator lights do not come on does not mean a new cluster will fix it. They are guessing. If that does not work then we are at a week with no working ski.

The next day will be interesting.

These seadoo are known for being all elctronic. I was told by my dealer that they can tell in seconds what is wrong with these boats. Plugin and a dignostic run, problem found. There is no taking things apart and trying to find or locate a problem....Something is fishy...

These seadoo are known for being all elctronic. I was told by my dealer that they can tell in seconds what is wrong with these boats. Plugin and a dignostic run, problem found. There is no taking things apart and trying to find or locate a problem....Something is fishy...

When I first reporteded my problem they said that the had flashed the CPU but I was thinking that maybe they screwed up and it did not take. Then they tell me that they are ordering a new instrument cluster because there are some indicator lights not working. I know they got the diagnostic computer but I am convinced that they still are not SURE that the cluster is the problem.

Will not take too much longer to see as the part comes in today!

These newer models are too danged complex I swear... they've stuck everything but the kitchen sink in those hulls. I believe in the KISS philosophy as much as possible. It's a foregone conclusion that I'll never buy a new SeaDoo. LOL!

Good luck, hope they get it sorted out for ya Greg!

- MIchael

OK, the BIG day is here. Jax Power Sports has said that the ski is running like new!:willy_nilly: Heck it is new!

Just wonder how many hours they put on it, maybe it is already broken in! Anyway, I told them to clean it up so it looked like new and deliver to the house this after noon. If it runs perfectly Sunday am, I can get over all of this!

Thanks everyone for the support!

Good luck,
I put my 2011 RXT in the water for the 1st time on this weekend
Had the Dealer run the BUDS dig. on it be for pickup and have the paper work too
So I hope it runs fine or I will be on the back of the wife ski again

Good luck,
I put my 2011 RXT in the water for the 1st time on this weekend
Had the Dealer run the BUDS dig. on it be for pickup and have the paper work too
So I hope it runs fine or I will be on the back of the wife ski again

Well then good luck to BOTH of us. After all the repairs mine was run for 30 minutes in their test tank and they said it worked flawlessly.

We both will soon know!

To answer the question about the Lemon Law, I bought a new Cadillac ElDorado about 20 years ago that was giving me all kinds of minor problems like if i opened the passenger side window it would fall off the track. I got to the point of frustration with the constant string of minor things that were going wrong that I wanted to just give the damn car back. I looked into the Lemon Law and the way it works (at least in Pa) is you have to have the vehicle to the dealer at least 3 times for the same problem before you can even try to invoke the Lemon Law.

In your case, I would be demanding LOTS of free stufff.

OK, Sunday at dawn, launched at my back yard ramp on Goodbys creek. Started right up after the two short beeps and started my idle down Goodbys to the St. Johns river. It is a great morning with wind as less that 1 mile an hour! The St. Johns was like glass.

Got to the end of the manatee zone and slowly pulled the throttle open and it pulled up on plane with out an effort. I am in the crusing mode and the throttle response is quite good. A quick blip of the throttle gets you to 55mph instantly! Spent the next half hour between 3 and 5k rpm getting used to steering and handling.

I had read about the iS suspension but never realized how much of a difference it would make in the ride. As the morning progressed the St.Johns got it usual chop. I was amazed how the iS system isolated me from these. It is crazy watching the entire hull moving up and down independatly of the rest of the ski. I left the iS controls in auto and it was able to remove the chop and even level out some of the rollers. It really make you feel like you are on a much more heavy water craft. It amazes me how high I am off the water surface.

The ride was DRY! I have never ridden my Aquatrax when I did not get soaked. Even small chop would result in getting soaked. I rode somewhat conservatively this morning but not one sigle drop of salt water hit my sunglasses. I remained dry! This is going to be great this winter.

Anyway, I would like to thank all of you for your support, I could not be more happy. All systems seemed to work perfectly except the engine water temp gauge. It would go from 48 to 148 to 348 degrees F. It was all over the place and I will have them look at it at the 10 hour service. The iBR system worked without flaw. I did not have the nerve to try the brake at 40+ mph but will by next ride. Parking with reverse is easy now. What an improvement over the Honda!

I can now say I am glad I got the Sea-Doo!

The strange startup instructions are correct. I experienced radical changes in speed controlled by the jet ski's computer for the first 5 hours. After the first five hours up to the present 40 hours all has been fine fine and normal as expected. I have the same model.

... The iBR system worked without flaw. I did not have the nerve to try the brake at 40+ mph but will by next ride. Parking with reverse is easy now. What an improvement over the Honda!

Don't be afraid to pull the brake at any speed.

If you do pull it at high speeds, you will have to release it after a few seconds, otherwise you will submarine your front end. You will quickly get a feel for it.

Although, you can do that just for fun if you want :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back