"Field of Dreams" HX Build!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsspeedshop

Well as some of you know already i found a HX buried deep in the Fields of Alabama..Old guy wanted it gone so i got it for $200!...After cutting the weeds grown over it and evicting the bees nest..we got it loaded up and got it back home.

The next day i got a good look at what I'll be working with..Ski was all original and looked like it was never touched..The bottom of the hull was mint with a few lil scratches...found no rust or any corrosion on anything which was surprising. Motor was locked up though so i knew that was probably toast.

Well after i looked over it..I called Matt B aka "seadoo godfather" lol and we got a game plan together..He just so happen to have a fresh 720 from a SPX that was ready for my HX..So we met up this weekend and tore into it!

Got the pump removed and of course the wear ring was disintegrated and found damage on prop

Old motor out (on the left) new motor ready to go (on the right)

All new fuel lines, fuel selector, and old gas siphoned out <- Matt loved this part HAHA.

New Wear ring and Mint used prop Matt had!

Motor installed, New battery, Ready for carbs and fire up!

All this was done in one day..The Matt & Zack 1 day ski overhaul lol. Matt filled the carbs with fuel and she popped off right away and purred like a kitten..We smoked out the local restaurant so I know we did a good job!

I messed with it a lil today and found the mothership of where all the bees and ants were..They got evicted quickly!

Please keep this thread going and let me know how you like the HX. I got your twin a few weeks ago. 1996 HX not run for years but covered for $200. Always wanted one but never rode one so I added it to the bucket list fleet.

How does the black gauge pod come off? Mine looks like there is a small screw in the front that has pulled through the fiberglass but I don't see how you would get into there to remove it. I haven't tried yet either though.

Please keep this thread going and let me know how you like the HX. I got your twin a few weeks ago. 1996 HX not run for years but covered for $200. Always wanted one but never rode one so I added it to the bucket list fleet.

How does the black gauge pod come off? Mine looks like there is a small screw in the front that has pulled through the fiberglass but I don't see how you would get into there to remove it. I haven't tried yet either though.
If i remember correctly it has those push in type plastic connectors like on a cars door trim.

Yeah they look like a plastic screw with a Phillips head but they pull right out as soon as you get them out far enough for needle nose to grab on to.

This was a good build. I feel confident in it's reliability. The motor has not been torn into at all. I was the first one ever to pull the intake mani because I had to pull the oiler gear since he wanted to go pre-mix.

The carbs were not too bad. I put new rubber in there and both held 50+ psi the first time. I can still get that smell of 1999 fuel just walking around the area that we were working on the ski a couple days ago.

Did that thing have a cover on it in the field? I would have thought it would be all faded if in the direct FL sun.

Good looking build. Im hoping hx value has gone up so i can sell mine. A turd just sold on ebay for over 800 with questionable title.

Did that thing have a cover on it in the field? I would have thought it would be all faded if in the direct FL sun.

Good looking build. Im hoping hx value has gone up so i can sell mine. A turd just sold on ebay for over 800 with questionable title.
Well it was laying on two old tires with grass/weeds grown all over it..when I finally got out there...20 min walk from his shack. All I could see was the back of the seat and handle bars sticking out!

vary nice work boys I kinda wish I kept the one I built this spring but the guy wanted it badly gave me a 3500 dollar quad for it then a week later one came up for sale for 2000 lol

Any of them that argue with me get a harder smack with the rubber hammer. They all go smooth except for the aluminum pumps that have been used in salt. Those can fit tight because of the layer of corrosion.

The got a little cheaper since I loaded up on them. I do not like the yellow version for the 155mm pumps, the gap is too great on those right off the bat. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Wear-Ri...ash=item2812ea8f77:g:Si4AAOSwB4NW0bpD&vxp=mtr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back