"Field of Dreams" HX Build!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i got her out on the water today...It ran good with no problems. Its a tad rich on the low end but Ill be able to tune that out next time. Did get it to 55mph on the gps. It was cloudy and pretty smooth today!

Where did you get that start button housing? I want to get them for my toys. You think it will fit the xpl 96xp and 98gsxl?

Where did you get that start button housing? I want to get them for my toys. You think it will fit the xpl 96xp and 98gsxl?

Yes they fit everything but they have not been made in 15-20 years. They are getting very hard to find. Normally I keep those bits for my own builds but Zach has become a friend and he spends a ton of money with me.

Are they billet? Some one should make a batch that uses the oem button cover and have one with vts also. They would probably sell like hot cakes

Yes they are billet. I would love to see them reproduced but there is a lot work in them. I've seen other guys make UMI stuff and get stuck with it. The only billet repo success I can think of are the Westside Powersports' exhaust tips.

If I had a set I would probably attempt to actually make them. I'm still playing around in stock and actually get them in working order without any mods. Probably by next year I will be looking for spoons handlebars button and so on. Just got done with my Xpl and I have to work on the x4 xp. Probably picking up the GSXL 98 next week. You guys believe it's lighter than the Xpl? I just found out two days ago and I was a bit suprised

Are they billet? Some one should make a batch that uses the oem button cover and have one with vts also. They would probably sell like hot cakes

Yes they are billet. I would love to see them reproduced but there is a lot work in them. I've seen other guys make UMI stuff and get stuck with it. The only billet repo success I can think of are the Westside Powersports' exhaust tips.

Yeah everyone wants billet, then the wallet is like a rusty hinge on the Titanic when it comes time to pay the piper. Who ever would make those throttles would choke on them just to get the pricing right. Trick parts are not cheap to make, quantity is where the discounts come in to lower the pricing. I make what I can on my manual mill and call in favors for parts on the CNC.

I bought a WSPS exhaust, I knew I couldn't make one for that price.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?61933-End-cap-Feeler-Billet-knock-offs

I'm planning on getting a 3D printer soon to mess around with. I think small stuff like the button housing would be perfect for that. I've never messed with Autocad software before so that may be a learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back