"Field of Dreams" HX Build!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks sweet! Are you leaving the covers to the seat frame and pivot points off?

Yes, can you take a side pic of it just like that before you put anything else on? Although my pads are all painted, they are literally paper thin and I may just paint the seat frame and take them off again

Well I've been slowly working on it. Life gets in the way and it's been super hot and raining here everyday

Got my sexy Jettrim seat cover a couple week ago

Also picked up a super rare FRM Racing steering system

Got the custom Registration #'s on..They are purple..hard to tell in that light

Fabricated a plate for the 2 blank holes to mount the tiny tach. Of course it had to get painted seadoo purple!

Got the Minty R&D intake grate on

Who says you have no storage in a HX! lol

And lastly got the seat frame painted and reinstalled

Where did you get that box??????? I have a seafood bucket that I use and I strap it to that bracket, but it barely fits and rattles around

And lastly, what does cutting that center slot out of the nozzle do? I just painted mine yellow and was thinking about what purpose does it serve?

Looks sweet! Are you leaving the covers to the seat frame and pivot points off?
Yea..I'm fabricating a bracket to mount where the pads went and I'm using hydroturf wedges for padding .

98spxpos...I'll take a side shot when I get it on the trailer this weekend. Also cutting that center slot out of the nozzle probably dosent affect anything but I wanted to bore it out to help with mph!..we will see.

Perfect. And I DID write seadoo.. Don't know where seafood came from
If you make a set of brackets, can you hold onto the template? I may need something made as well bc even tho my color looks good, the actual material is literally a mixture of paper and bubble gum. Like even if I hit it LIGHTLY with a most from the garden hose it chips bc it's so frail.. If yours looks good/ decent from the side the way it is, I may just rock it like that. We'll see. And let me know if you get any more speed or performance out cutting out that midsection. I've got a spare pump and nozzle setup I can experiment with

Yea..I'm fabricating a bracket to mount where the pads went and I'm using hydroturf wedges for padding .

98spxpos...I'll take a side shot when I get it on the trailer this weekend. Also cutting that center slot out of the nozzle probably dosent affect anything but I wanted to bore it out to help with mph!..we will see.

Actually, looks like you already had taken a side pic...but yea, when you've got it all buttoned up and on the trailer this weekend, if you can snap a few pics from the sides that would be awesome... I'm making the final push to determine if I'm taking off the pads or keeping them.. I JUST repainted them again last night (put a fresh coat of same paint) to fill in a few missing paint chips due to working on the ski and they just look so horrible...up close. From afar, it looks great. up close you can see all the tiny little cracks and veins.

What paint did you use on the seat pivot frame? Fusion? rustoleum?

I have my pads off and was thinking of using that spray bedliner stuff. I thought maybe that rubbery coating would provide a slight amount of cushion if my knee hit it vs just aluminum.

I'm very curious to see how you like the ride once you get it out. I finally dug my HX out of storage to sell but noticed it needed a carbon seal and boot, exhaust gaskets, engine alignment and some other stuff. I only rode once briefly last year since it was taking on some water through the boot. Planned on selling but now it's late in the season so not sure.

I have my pads off and was thinking of using that spray bedliner stuff. I thought maybe that rubbery coating would provide a slight amount of cushion if my knee hit it vs just aluminum.

I'm very curious to see how you like the ride once you get it out. I finally dug my HX out of storage to sell but noticed it needed a carbon seal and boot, exhaust gaskets, engine alignment and some other stuff. I only rode once briefly last year since it was taking on some water through the boot. Planned on selling but now it's late in the season so not sure.

That sounds like a lot of work just to get it sold. I vote for you just to keep it and ride the heck out of it.:thumbsup:

Well, [MENTION=77343]Ankeneyou[/MENTION] , DONT DO IT... I just did all the rub rails with that bedliner stuff and guess what? it was still tacky after 3 days and wouldn't wipe right off but would wipe off, so I pretty much used an entire tin of acetone and about 3 hours of muscle to get it ALL OFF just to redo it in black krylon. was a PITA to say the least... I guess it sticks better to a bedliner that's hard plastic or metal vs rubber rub rails or rubbery plasticy HX leg cushions. If you DO decide to do it and it works, let me know what bedliner you used..

And, what condition are your pads in? my yellow pads themselves are great...its the rubbery plastic pad covers that are shot on mine

[MENTION=48897]96spxpos[/MENTION] that sucks. I'm talking about the aluminum seat frame though so I think after scuffing up the aluminum it would stick pretty well to that.

Where did you get that box??????? I have a seafood bucket that I use and I strap it to that bracket, but it barely fits and rattles around

Just went to wallyworld and they're sold out. Won't be in til sept 6th shipped.
Dicks has a similar one but what they call large and small are two different dimensions.. When you get a second, can you measure the dimensions of yours? Choice it's either like 6.5 x 3 x 5 or 7 x 3 x 7
Thanks man

Come to the fall ride with it and I will take it to a good home :cheers:

Lookin good King hope toseebit at the fall ride! :thumbsup:

I prefer the polished aluminum look to bed liner on teh seat frame. If your painting rub rail use Krylon Fusion. Mine has been on since I finished my HX, the only places it's had and issues on if the front bumper

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?58039-Fresh-Find-Friday!-Project-HX/page1

595.jpg

I prefer the polished aluminum look to bed liner on teh seat frame. If your painting rub rail use Krylon Fusion. Mine has been on since I finished my HX, the only places it's had and issues on if the front bumper

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?58039-Fresh-Find-Friday!-Project-HX/page1

595.jpg

Actually, I lucked out...the one piece I DIDNT have to do was the front bumper.. it was black...but not painted black, its the original kinda shiny black from the factory..
yet everything else was purple, so I'm assuming that this was put on after and came from a 96-97.

And thanks for the side view. [MENTION=82088]Kingsspeedshop[/MENTION] did you get it on the trailer this weekend? I wanna see a side view of yours too.

The paint i used on frame was this. I love this stuff cause it lays down really nice and has a slight texture to it like a wrinkle finish. Not harsh enough to mess you up if you rub on it!

Here is a few side shots of the ski.

Anyways on to my weekend adventure story. I got her all ready to go Saturday morning. Drove over to the boat launch and backed her into the water. Started it up and checked for leaks. All was good. So i dunked her in and took it for a quick 2 min ride. Running good. Shut it down and raised the hood to checked everything and had water up to the bottom half of the motor..So i yanked it out of the water and took it to Matt's shop..We looked it over and found pisser was clogged..blew out lines. Took it back to boat launch and just backed it into water again and started it up on trailer. As soon as it started pisser was working good but the huge spray of water coming out of welch plug on exhaust was working even better :(..Found my leak. So i pulled it back out and called it a day. Took it back home and removed the exhaust. cleaned up all welch plug holes and tig welded it up. Painted exhaust and let dry. Reinstalled exhaust that night and was ready again for the A.M...Got back on the water on Sunday. Everything was looking and running good so i took a 15 min ride with a buddy to the islands we go to..Get there and motor dies and won't restart. Raised the hood and find hull half filled with water. Almost to top of carbs. So i get towed to nearest dock and load it up..fires right up when i get it on trailer but see water spraying out exhaust manifold gasket. So needless to say this weekend didn't go as planned

Man King, I can't believe I missed this.. Total freakin bummer. What's the word on this? Btw, I had a similar catastrophe, FORGETTING to put the drain plug in, then had runaway.. The ride ended good, just started out like crap. And, I FINALLY got that orange storage box. Took about 13 days online. No store had it in stock

And yes, that was the exact spray I used for the run rails.. NO GOOD.. Just smudged off. Glad to know its good for the frame. I don't have that under seat cover, never had it.. So, the metal frame rail is starting to get oxidized, so the next major catastrophe, I'll be doing that over too.

You two are killing me with these end of season HX builds. They look great and still haven't touched mine. Grrrrr!
95.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back