Fibreglass and gel coat repair

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

diggin4aliving

I am curious if anyone can recommend someone good in Southern Ontario who can repair some spider cracks in the gel coat on the engine compartment cover. Any info would be appreciated.

That is a super easy job you can do yourself for about $50 and 4 hours, 2 of which are letting it dry. Check out gel cote repair videos on youtube. Then get the factory matched repair kit at gelcoat.ca I'm not very handy and patient when it comes to this type of repair and i did it. You cant even tell it was ever repaired.

Fantastic! I had a similar question. RFoster130 and thor7000, would this stuff work on cracks on my 2005 sportster scic decking as well? The previous owners must have really jumped up and down quite a bit because there are these hairline cracks here and there on my decking. Are these spider cracks diggin4aliving referring to the same thing as hairline cracks?

You can probably fix them. You can fix most small stuff really easy. Post up a pic. For small spider web type cracks, I gouged out the old gel cote a bit with the tip of one of those old school metal bottle openers, the pointy end. Make a few scrapes to give it someplace to fill in.

If you dig out the cracks and use the color match gel. How noticeable will the repair be taking into account that the yellow on the boat may be a lttle faded. I am just wondering if it's better to have someone do the bigger area and blend the colour than to just do the smaller areas and then it may show worse than the small cracks in the gel. Just a thought.

I've used www.gelcote.com before and was happy with the color match. I used the lime green to repair a 12" x 30" section that the previous owner wore off the bottom from beaching it all the time. The color was off slightly though after a year it faded to match perfect.

The cracks I have are on the engine compartment right in plain sight so it will be very noticeable if it doesn't match. All the info is apprecated .

gelcote.com is the oem supplier to sea doo. It will be perfectly matched to your original color. I touched up the white and some red on the hatch and you cant even tell i touched it. Even though the boat is 12 years old and the white may be slightly faded, after 1 or 2 trips out in the sun, it all looked the same.

I am curious if anyone can recommend someone good in Southern Ontario who can repair some spider cracks in the gel coat on the engine compartment cover. Any info would be appreciated.

I know of a few guys in Lucan Ontario that can fix her up for you. Drop me and IM and I can hook you up. The guys I know make Olympic row boats and work with the stuff all the time.

Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back