Removing gauge cluster in 2018 Rxt-x 300

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

randr

Could anyone tell me how to remove the info cluster in a 2018 Rtx-x? The LCD is out and I'm trying to remove it to send out for repair. I've purchased the service manual but it does not go into any detail. It simply says remove gauge support covert and to pull and lift. No instruction on how to remove support cover. Any videos I've found online don't seem to apply to mine. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: RRM
Randr, Have you managed to get your cluster removed yet? I am having the same problem and read the same thing in the manual, "pull and lift the support cover." I have had no luck with doing that. LAT

I ended up taking the whole thing out. Sorry but I do not have pictures and not sure of the proper terminology but this is what I did.
First I removed the small panel on the nose top. It was 2 screws I believe. Once that is off, you can see inside to see the gauge housing bracket being held to a bracket by 2 plastics push pins. They are a pain to reach but will pop out like a car body clip. Once you have those out turn the handle bar all the way to one side and you will see a small indentation to put a screwdriver in to pry out the top part of the plastic housing holding the gauge. Do the same for the other side and the entire housing will come out. Unplug the gauge and remove the whole thing. Then you will be able to easily remove the gauge from the plastic housing. There will be 2 long plastic tabs holding it in at the top and once those are released you can just rotate the gauge out. It was still hard to release those clips even when it was completely out. I don't see how you can release them just by pushing the outside of the gauge like the manual said. Anyway, hope this makes sense and helps.

Randr, I got the whole thing out using the media you described and have gotten the small hood off but have not been able to get the gauge cluster out of the larger plastic piece that holds the cluster. You mentioned releasing two large tabs and then rotating the cluster out. I am not seeing this long tabs. How did you separate the cluster from the larger piece/housing? LAT

Randr, Success! I went back and found the two tabs I thought you were talking about and took some risk in prying against the housing so the tabs would clear. Once they did, then the cluster rotated out to the front. Thanks for your assist. LAT

It would have been nice to take a few pictures along the way and include them here for future reference.

Glad that was able to help. Sorry about no pics but I didn't think about it at the time. I thought I was missing something and doing things the hard way but now realize thats actually was the easy (if not only) way to do it.

randr, who did you use to repair your cluster? Are you happy with the results? My '11 RXT-X cluster just went out this weekend. Thanks,

Back