F1 Fuse - Fuel Sending Unit

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

opeter

OK, I know there are a TON of threads on this issue, but I can't seem to find the exact answer I'm looking for.
I have a 99 GTX limited with bad fuel gauge. Float is good. Tested with OHM meter and there was NO change in output as float slid up and down sending unit.
Seems like it's the F1 from what I am reading. I cut my sending unit, but didnt see the 250ml fuse that is referred to so often in threads. Do I need to cut the other side? or do I solder what I see in this picture. Here's a picture of what I am looking at, with F1 clearly marked. Sorry, I'm new to this stuff, but seems like it can be fixed. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank You

F1.jpg

That little thing with your "?" is the F1 fuse. Use a soldering iron to remove it and jump the contacts with solder.

OK, thanks. So that little square thing is the actual F1 fuse? I wasnt sure, since it looked so different from all the other pictures I saw posted online. Any tips on soldering? Any specific kind? and should I flux.
Thanks again

Dont suppose you got a pic of the inline too? Just wondering
Thanks

All you need is an inline fuse holder (light duty 18 - 20 gauge wire) and a corresponding 250ma glass fuse. I just cut and soldered it in between the sender and plug.

Got it on order so just waiting for them to be delivered. Will send a picture when I’ve done it

Looks like the exact same fuse holder I ordered off ebay, for me it was like 5 for $5 shipped. May be the pics, but those fuses look like mini glass fuses... the fuse holder looks a regular size..

Your right the fuse holder is 30mm and the fuses are 20mm ‍♂️

Update.
I took out F1 and bridged the gap with solder. Gas levels are now working! Thanks for all the advice. Now on to the next issue.... ski cuts out randomly. I’ll probably post a new thread.
Thanks again all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back