Exhaust flush conversions.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper2fly

Good evening all,

I'm new to the forum and thought I would seek some guidance on something I heard regarding the process of flushing the exhaust system in my newly acquired 2008 Seadoo GTX 155. It was brought to my attention that there may be a kit that would allow me to flush the exhaust system from inside the engine compartment as opposed to the traditional attachment in the back next to the nozzle.

The reasoning behind this conversion is as a result of my recent floating dock purchase, and the desire to not have kneel down in a small area on the dock to acces the standard method.

My apologies if this has already been addressed, and please let me know where I can find the thread if it has. Much obliged for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Cheers!

Well, if your desperate follow the hose off the back fitting and find an appropriate spot to place a tee with a hose fitting(radiator flush kit). You would need to cap off the back fitting.

You might consider getting one of those quick connect fittings that attach to the back firing and just leave it on there. Makes attaching and removing the hose a snap. Not sure if the restriction is anything to worry about though

Well, if your desperate follow the hose off the back fitting and find an appropriate spot to place a tee with a hose fitting(radiator flush kit). You would need to cap off the back fitting.

You wouldn't want to cap that off permanently. Just during the flush.

You might consider getting one of those quick connect fittings that attach to the back firing and just leave it on there. Makes attaching and removing the hose a snap. Not sure if the restriction is anything to worry about though

I use a brass adapter for flushing mine. I leave it on all the time. It doesn't restrict the water flow at all.

IMO, the in-line adapters where you have to use the clamp is a dangerous way to flush. You only have to forget to remove the clamp once to cause damage. I lost a brand new engine on the first ride this way. Tested it on the hose, forgot to remove clamp :facepalm: That's how I found out that my temp sensor was broken too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back