J exhaust pipe stuck. 2003 gtx 4 tec sc

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Lionel762

Working on a 2003 GTX 4tech supercharged. In my effort to replace the carbon ring I have learned that you should remove the super charger, which then can be removed after you disconnect the exhaust pipe. What I thought was going to be an easy ordeal has turned into a screamer!
I have loosened the clamp on the exhaust to the point the bolt has fallen out. However, that pipe will not budge. Since I have never removed one, I don’t want to start twisting and banging until I know exactly how it comes off. From the few videos I have seen it looks like it should just pull right off now. Suggestions?
Overall, I don’t see rust or corrosion.

Ok. The J-pipe (item 1) is a simple flange joint with a v-band clamp holding the pipe to the exhaust manifold; remove the clamp completely then attempt to pull it to the rear to see if you can get some separation between the j-pipe and the exhaust manifolde. See item 31 in the picture? That's Loctite sealant, so it can be a little hard to remove from the muffler.

2003 GTX 4-tec J pipe.JPG

Back