Exhaust Bolt Removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

f150blue

Any suggestions for removing bottom nut on 2000 RX tuned pipe head where it mounts to manifold just above carbs.? Manual says need special tool (polygonal wrench p/n 529 035 505). Has anyone found a substitute tool to get that nut off with? Thanks!

beat'n a dead horse

Tell'n you man, the amount of time, if you do get a wrench on it, you spend, get'n a 1/64 turn out of it, by the time you get the bolt high enough, you would have already had carbs off, and gone thru, maybe even mounted back on.

What seadooya said

Yeah take em off mate. I just took the tuned pipe off my 2004 xpdi and for that bottom nut i unclipped my air box and lowered the box out of the way. I also made a special spanner bending the spanner with an oxy gun to get a good angle.

Good luck

Buy the wrench

I bought the wrench from SBT for about14 bucks. Best 14 bucks I ever spent! If you dont get that bottom bolt tight the gasket either blows or leaks then the water gets in the air box for more problems.

whats the point...

I bought the wrench from SBT for about14 bucks. Best 14 bucks I ever spent! If you dont get that bottom bolt tight the gasket either blows or leaks then the water gets in the air box for more problems.

you can remove them, without messing with the nut/pipe aasy, so why buy the wrench?

My mind was thinking he had the same exhaust leak I had getting water in the air box and he had to remove the pipe and did not need to remove the carbs. I went off track!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back