Engine Difference between the 60 and the 90hp...Trying to decide, help.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

1GaryBryan

I've been looking into the Spark simply because I want a 2 seater, that is no a race machine. Something to replace my 96XP.

My question is, what the mechanical difference between the 60 and 90 HP engines, Stroke? Bore size or just tuning. Having said that, if I get the v-tech tune does it matter if I get the 60 or the 90HP engine. Thanks.

I've been looking into the Spark simply because I want a 2 seater, that is no a race machine. Something to replace my 96XP.

My question is, what the mechanical difference between the 60 and 90 HP engines, Stroke? Bore size or just tuning. Having said that, if I get the v-tech tune does it matter if I get the 60 or the 90HP engine. Thanks.

Engine is the exact same. Go with the 60HP. We sell the tune on PWCMuscle.com. Let me know if you have any questions. :cheers:

Get the 60hp. I just bought two and they are plenty of power and i'm a bigger guy. I plan on buying the tune from PWCMuscle once i save up the money but it is cheaper in the overall than getting the 90 from the dealer. Plus the tune takes it to 110hp! Add an exhaust and intake and you have a badass machine. I'm trying to talk some co-workers into buying sparks so we can all pitch for the tuner and then all buy our tune maps since you can use the programmer on multiple sparks. I met some guys at the lake last weekend with sparks that they had bought 60hp and did the tune. They said the difference was impressive bordering scary on power. Definitely go with the 60hp and you will have a blast!!!!!

Bought a 60 to replace my 96 xp. I will not turn back.

Ski is going for tune tomorrow to 110HP. Will report back on the weekend when I dump it in the water. I hear it is insane.

steeldo532, Thank you for your input. I am leaning towards the 60hp, I have also heard about the Gremlin exhaust that I may throw in if I go ahead with the purchase.

TurnerBFC, The fact that you would not go back to the XP is excellent news! Please do come back and give us your thoughts on the tune. Thanks

Tune is loaded on!! Sucks that I have to run premium all the time, to be safe.

Will update tonight. I hear it will now be an animal.

It is like anything you want to get additional performance out of. You got to pay to play.... I don't care if it a bicycle where you want to add gears or jet skis. Anytime you want performace, it will cost you.

It is like anything you want to get additional performance out of. You got to pay to play.... I don't care if it a bicycle where you want to add gears or jet skis. Anytime you want performace, it will cost you.
spoken like someone that has spend a lot over the years!

Tune is loaded on!! Sucks that I have to run premium all the time, to be safe.

Will update tonight. I hear it will now be an animal.

Glad to hear the tune woke up your ski. I have an RXT and a spark 90HP. I just run premium all the time because of the RXT. That way I just carry my cans to the dock and just fill up.

Back