Reducing the before , durring and after stuff most boaters have to do .

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
During my life , I have owned a 15 ' tri hull , 18 ' bow rider and 14 ' speed boats .
In all three cases the non boating chores if you want to keep things in top shape were great .
I also know that boats in general can be time consuming money holes .

So with my purchase of my Sea Doo , I hoped to make things easier and cheaper .

Here are the things I did and noticed with my new GTI-130.

1: To not have to be on a first name bases and have to spend lots of time driving my pwc on roads visiting with my BRP tech , I kept my PWC simple .

My pwc is void of many things some PWC's have that can go wrong or fall out of adjustment .
Four examples is no throttle or transmission cable , no vts as well as no tube to bring water to the non digital speedometer along with many other things .
I just added a Sea Doo depth finder and yes I had to return to have them re glue it , so that makes my point .
If you need more performance , just follow the KISS principal and get a V-TECH tune that will pay for itself over time , make a noticeable difference and not require any additional routine work done on it .

2: I make the trunk of the car that I pull my pwc with my storage locker for pwc stuff so no moving stuff around before or after use .

3: The back of my pwc is strapped down with 2 heavy "self adjusting" rubber straps from Home Depot so no cranking or uncranking for me .

4: My trailer came with these neat sealed throw away lights that make replacement a snap if ones out before use which I did not know even exsist .

5: I got 3 of these special non rubber bungee cords that you can get from home depot . They come with a red flag on them that I cut off .

I have one connected on either side of the handle bars and one in the rear . Again being bungee cords , they are all "self adjusting" for short stop use and they look great .
When launching my pwc , I attach the rope to one of these bungee cords . This enables me to keep the rope stretched and taught which reduces the times when the rope gets caught up in the trailer wheels when backing .

5: I have installed a power washer in my garage using a y connector at the washing machine and the nearest outlet so after use cleaning is fast and very well done .

6: The day before going I got the car and the boat all lined up so just raise the garage door connect the trailer to the car and I am off to the races .

Does anyone have any time saving ideas to add ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back