Where to find more data on these boats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z1500

I've have searched the internet for more info on these boats all day. I'm looking to buy a Sea Doo jet boat soon but don't understand the model or engine options. Where can I find a big wiki with more info.

I THINK I want a Challenger because they have a little more space? Some places say 18ft for Challengers and some say like 14.5ft.
And I THINK I want the twin 2-stroke engines cause they are pretty reliable and make for a faster boat than the single engine?
Currently found a 2001 Challenger for sale with twins but I don't know what size or HP those would be. And a 1999 with a 215hp single Merc engine.
What years did they go to EFI? I tune performance EFI cars for a living and wonder if I can get tuning options for these?

I'm a beginner myself this summer and found a 2001 Challenger 14.5 twin engine. They are small but very fun md gets the job done with 4 people. Easy as heck to do tubing with 2 people on the tube.
Basically just add oil and you're good. Fun beginner

Seadoosource dot com has a list on it. The speedster sk is said to handle the best. I have the challenger 1800 and love it it has twin 787 2 stroke. 99 was the last year for rotax before it goes to the merc power on the challenger 1800 but not for the 14.5 boats

Seadoosource dot com has a list on it. The speedster sk is said to handle the best. I have the challenger 1800 and love it it has twin 787 2 stroke. 99 was the last year for rotax before it goes to the merc power on the challenger 1800 but not for the 14.5 boats

Thank you so much. I've found your exact model boat for sale here. A 97 Challenger 1800. I don't really care about tight handling, more interested in get up and go. And I want an 18ft so I can fit more people once in a while. How would you describe your acceleration?

I just rebuilt jet pumps and carbs and have not tested yet but before with one pump cavitating bad would still pull up a wake board. It probably wouldnt have pulled up my ass on 1 ski but I expect it will with remand impellers and new wear rings. And the size is great compared to the smaller ones but still easy to manage compared to most other runabouts. I can roll it around in flat ground by my self and I tow it with my v6 ranger no problem. Its a 5 speed so i put it i 4lo to pull it out but other than that no problems. The price of comparible 4tec boats dosent make a little better fuel milage worth it for me plus the extra weight i would need a new truck too. And I love a good 2 stroke

The mercs main issues is most shops don't want to touch them since they are in a seadoo. And just like the seadoo engines most people don't service the mercs and they cost way more to replace the seadoo engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back