Electronic Module Test Repair

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I've been down this road on my 1996 SPI and I dug into the MPEM and found the bad diode I made many photo graphs of the process. I was surprised no one had documented this as I am fairly new to jet skis. Now I have another issue but it is on a boat, the Seadoo Speedster Twin 717 Engines. I'm posting here because this is where the gurus lurk and I am basically troubleshooting a 717 engine. Perhaps someone has run into this issue or can relate a common ECM issue.

The Port (left) Engine is not getting fire. I'm thinking it is gonna be ECM related but I actually hope it is the pick up on the left engine that is bad. I'm getting no spark on the left engine. If it is the ECM, I should be able to dig into it and find the offending part. Needless to say I have little if any experience with electronics but that never stopped me in the past. These ECMs are crazy expensive used.

I'll post up my progress and would appreciate some input as I go along. So far I have considered:

1. An aftermarket Electronic Control Module
2. Installing a single control module for the left engine alone and leave the original ECM in place and functioning. If I go aftermarket I won't need to add another key.
3. Find a way to repair the current electronic module
4. Buying a used ECM for $1000 I won't do till I exhaust every option. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back