Electrical no beep

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

costaricataz

I have a GTX with 43 hours on it. Two times after use I take it home and wash it down and when I try to start it it is dead. Nothing when I plug lynard in.
I cleaned battery post last time. This happened the second time yesterday and would not start. I could deal with this if I knew for sure what the problem is but being an intermittent problem it is scary to take it out in the water.
This morning I went out to trouble shoot and it started.
How can you ever trust this thing to work. I live in Costa Rica and there is no help you can call if you are stranded.
Thanks for any input.
Paul

Paul, I would suggest you make sure the post and lanyard is clean and dry. If it worked the next day it could be possible that it dryed out in that time frame. I have a 1997 Challenger with the dess system too. I have to wiggle the lanyard sometimes to get it to give me my 2 beeps. The lanyard has a chip in it, that has to communicate to the electronics to allow it to start. Besure the cap and post are clean and dry. Seadoo suggest that you use only soap and water to clean the connections. Leave them dry, no grease or lube. Lets us know if this solves your problem.
Karl

Sodium Chloride!

I see you live in Costa Rica, lots of salt water. Karl is right. With the salt water, I'd wash every time you bring it in to flush the motor, which I hope is often. I'm sure salt crystals are forming in/on the cap and post. Use in salt water, clean and flush often. Salt (sodium chloride) is very corrosive and will precipitate out of the water and cling to metallic surfaces quicker because of engine heat. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back