Dual Carb Setup

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mh_rogers

I was wondering if there was a dual carb setup that would work on my 1995 580 seadoo. If not is there what performance mods can be made to the existing carb for more power?

Dual carbs....

I don't know that you can do a dual carb but I'm sure you can re-jet your carb to get a little extra out of it. The compression stroke of your engine is only designed to handle so much of the fuel molecule for combustion, the rest of the un-burned fuel would be blown out the tail pipe.
An example of that would be, if I were to take a high performance carb off a Nascar motor and put it on my stock 350. Most of that fuel would go unburned and blown out the tail pipe.
When you search for extra horsepower, you can't really just change on part or subsystem. You'd have to change to something like a "mallory" ignition, port and polish your exhaust system and add a differenct compression stroke to your engine.
But on a short note, you can probably go to the Mikuni website and do a little hunting around for a set of jets, the next size up, without making any big change to your engine.........www.mikuni.com

The key to any performance engine is getting more fuel into you engine...but the real trick is getting it out even quicker, which really bumps up the HP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back