driveshaft collar

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sadiejane

can anyone tell from these pitchers if the collar has a clip under or is it threaded on the drive shaft I am trying to remove so i can replace the carbon seal 2010 seadoo thanks any help would be appreciated
20161003_094036.jpg20161003_094029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
there definitely is a circlip under there . Also you are supposed to have a floating ring tool and a shaft removal tool . But you can probably make something work

It may have an "O-ring" and not a C-Clip. If so, replace it with the C-Clip as they don't fail and the O-Ring style can.

how do i get to the clip do i pry on the coller near the carbon ring? or do i pry back the ring under the boot on the left side in the pitcure

when i pull back the ring on the left side of the pitcure it moves back to the motot but i dont see any clip and some oil comes out

[MENTION=86278]sadiejane[/MENTION]
I don't believe there is a circlip on that setup, it's threaded anticlockwise, also you may want to do a bit of research on your drive shaft as those types of setups came out with a rubber coating on the shafts which corrode and the coating falls to bits. I've just gone through the same issue last year.
Look up the 2009 - 10 seadoo supplement, I've posted a few pics from the shop manual showing the difference and a bit of insight between the 2 types.

There is no clip. That part is threaded on just like shucky said. Also, 4-tech engines never had an o-ring there, only a c-clip. BRP stopped using o-rings way back in 1998 as they tend to fail. 98 and newer all have a c-clip.

Chester

thanks shucky ,is there any easy way to hold the driveshaft when i try to loosen the nut? is there special tool

No worries, sadiejane
I do believe there might be one by memory, I'll have a look at the manual to double check tomorrow ( sat night here and having a beer)
Have you got a shop manual that shows the 09- 10 tech update? ( look close at the 1st pic highlighted area)

Last edited by a moderator:
no i dont have the shop manual, if possible can you send me a picture of that tech update.thanks finish your beer and have another one on me!

+having problems with my truck now so im putting the jet ski on hold now till spring as its getting cold here and winter will be here shortly ill let you know when i get it fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back