Done for the Season

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterC4

Labour Day is usually the last day I have the Sea-Doos in the water and they go into storage until next summer. It has been a great summer this year and it was the first season I had 2 Sea-Doos. Two skis are a lot of fun. My brother is an experienced jet ski rider so when he comes up to the cottage we take them out and go exploring. We are on a fairly big lake (Lake Muskoka in Ontario) and there is a lot to see. You really appreciate how versatile a Sea-Doo is when you take it out on a trip with someone. It's easy to use for those unaccustomed to one, it has neutral and braking power and anything over 40 mph to the uninitiated seems like they are on a racing motorcycle. One thing that I have been blessed with is durability. I have sucked up weeds, sticks, rocks, bumped the Sea-Doos *hard, dumped one, and yet they seem to be trouble free.

Interestingly, most of the time, I cruise at about 35 mph. I have a number of WOT experiences, but my 215 Wake Pro at 65 mph is very fast even for the speed seekers. You certainly don't want to fall off or hit anything at that speed and there is more than enough umph to tow kids on their tube. Which brings me to the 155 GTX. It's a decent ski, reliable, fuel efficient and does so many things right. Horsepower is not everything and I know a lot on this board have the need for speed, which I understand. Just know that for those first time buyers the lower hp skis are fine.

One thing that is becoming evident to me, there appear to be far more jet skis on the water than their used to be. Fuel efficiency, price and just plain old fun, have made the Sea-Doo a real value proposition. I bought my first ski in 2011 shortly after I started coming to the cottage in the summers. Wish I had done it sooner.

One thing that is becoming evident to me, there appear to be far more jet skis on the water than their used to be. Fuel efficiency, price and just plain old fun, have made the Sea-Doo a real value proposition.
I have to agree, i see many more jetskis on our lake as well. My family sold our huge bow rider because the v6 it had sucked gas, it cost a lot to store it since it was too big, and it wasn't nearly as maneuverable as our seadoo. but it really could haul anyone up on a single ski and was a blast to go tubing behind.

That sucks!

I refuse to believe that season is over... I didnt enjoy it at all... I asked for my last holiday week of the year from sept 16th to sept 20th... I just hope to catch 1 or 2 hot days... After that, i will plan to winterize my GTX and put it away...

I'm not giving up just yet. This "summer" has been pathetic here in MI. I normally ride 30-40 hrs a season and this time I have 6!!!! That just sucks. I plan on getting a couple more hrs in this week and the next. After that I don't winterize it just in case we get one nice day but come October its getting put away till next year.

I can't stand the fall! It's always disappointing because everything gets too cold and it's the end of riding season. Can't wait for next summer though!

I have already put almost 85 hours on the new SeaDoo this year and still going! As you can tell I don't enjoy riding at all. =p

Just done for me

I believe you... You are in Texas... Lake ontario remained cold must of this "summer"...

I agree it can't be over yet!!! The problem is I ski in Lake Muskoka 2 1/2 hours from Toronto, not Lake Ontario, so work, scheduling and time don't permit me to ski past September, although I have thought about keeping my boat out for longer. I don't tow my boat or Sea Doos. But I would ski every day if I lived in the right climate and I would ski through September if I had the time and scheduling down pat. I agree though, the season isn't over. I would ski in October if I could, although that might be a tad chilly....by the way, does anyone here who lives around the great lakes ski in October?

I live in Cleveland and ride in Lake Erie as well. Gonna try to go to mid-October if the weather will cooperate. :)

Summer lasts about another 2 months here in SouthEast Texas (assuming the lake levels hold up, drought has been a bigger problem here in Texas the last couple years than wintertime cold weather moving in). 1st freeze usually isn't till mid-November and when that's in the 7 day forcast I finally winterize the watercraft and end my season but not before!

PWC's are tons of fun, but for watersports involving a rope you still cannot beat a full size boat. I could never hope to kneeboard behind my RXT for example (maybe if I was a kid/teenager kneeboarding, but I'm a full grown adult and it just would not suffice), I need my Sidewinder jetboat for that... and a driver I really really trust with my boat. The latter is hard to find. Women are even harder to find (I'm single and don't enjoy it, but I digress). :-\

Back when I was in college and my family still had a lake house, we'd use my Sidewinder jetboat to pull multiple waterskiers or kneeboarders at once it was AWESOME! I miss those days, I miss having a place on the lake. (sigh!) I'm still looking for a place but all I've found is extremely overpriced crap unfortunately... a half-trailerhouse half-house for $229K on a tiny lot for example; you've got to be kidding me! :-(

So anyways, PWC's aren't going to replace boats... they just compliment them. The modern 4-stroke PWC's are just oh so much nicer than the 1st gen PWC's of the 80's and 90's, there really is no comparison. My jetboat and my RXT are both here to stay and I love each of them and enjoy both of them.

On the other hand if you live up north where you get real snow in the wintertime you should be breaking out the snowmobile's not too long after you winterize your watercraft... so one sport follows another, right? We get no snow where I am, if even a flake falls it's all over the local news and they close schools and sand bridges it's a total riot! LOL!

- Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back